• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Irish_Texan

Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2020
    Fort Worth, TX
    Just got this email from Sen. Kelly Hancock.
    da29df61e9be2e40d372723234e1ccea.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    Take from this what you will:

From the story:

On Facebook, Rep. Matt Schaefer wrote, “No celebration yet folks! We are now reviewing amendments that were added by the Senate to look for issues that would break House rules governing the purpose of HB 1927. Our first impression has us very concerned. Will share more as soon as we can. Our goal is to make Texas the 21st Constitutional Carry state.”

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    But we still have to keep chl for travel purposes right?

I questioned this last night and found the answer after a bit of digging.

If you wish to carry in a reciprocal state, you will still need to keep a current Texas carry license. That's my take on the story I read from a news channel page, but basically the answer to your questions is yes.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX

From the story:

On Facebook, Rep. Matt Schaefer wrote, “No celebration yet folks! We are now reviewing amendments that were added by the Senate to look for issues that would break House rules governing the purpose of HB 1927. Our first impression has us very concerned. Will share more as soon as we can. Our goal is to make Texas the 21st Constitutional Carry state.”

They keep saying that, but I don't see any amendment that would be a "poison pill". There were eight(8) adopted amendments and those were made by Schwertner, the bill's Senate sponsor.

You can look over all of the adopted amendments here. The added Senate amendments begin at F1 :

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013

From the story:

I had no clue the Lt Gov could add amendments to a bill.

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    They keep saying that, but I don't see any amendment that would be a "poison pill". There were eight(8) adopted amendments and those were made by Schwertner, the bill's Senate sponsor.

You can look over all of the adopted amendments here. The added Senate amendments begin at F1 :
    I agree. I read the article, and also found it on another board (not this one) with comments. Everything I read did not point to any “poison pill” and all of the comments were asking the same thing… what is the article talking about? Form what I have read elsewhere, even with the amendments, both houses are ok with the wording.

i thought this was nothing more than someone trying to stir the pot, so I only posted this hoping someone knew more than me or could explain the hubbub.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I agree. I read the article, and also found it on another board (not this one) with comments. Everything I read did not point to any “poison pill” and all of the comments were asking the same thing… what is the article talking about? Form what I have read elsewhere, even with the amendments, both houses are ok with the wording.

i thought this was nothing more than someone trying to stir the pot, so I only posted this hoping someone knew more than me or could explain the hubbub.
    The "paid gun advocates " want more money, more clicks, more likes, more shares.

I've let every office holder know that I'm treating them like a waiter in a restaurant.
    Bring me what I ordered, I'll pay the bill. Stand and deliver, I'll add a tip.
    Act like you're reading my mind? Well, they ain't got that far yet.

Top Bottom