Join TexasGunTalk

Carrying handgun in car without CCL

Discussion in 'San Antonio' started by REDinSOXicated, May 22, 2012.

1. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well, I said that because of the in your post....I thought maybe he was calling his .45acp a 454 & you thought it was funny, otherwise, why the laughing face?

2. Younggun

Younggun Ginger Avenger TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    BOS thing, tired of the argument, you'll know if we do a deal and it will work or it won't.

Discussing guns with co-workers, I have actually gotten a couple of coworkers into shooting by discussing guns. I don't cram it down someones throat but it has made a difference. Getting someone interested in guns in guns is one of the best things you can do for 2A rights, IMO.

3. Mexican_Hippie

Mexican_Hippie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Yep. I don't disagree with you. I was just cautioning about going too far with it.

4. Mexican_Hippie

Mexican_Hippie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Say What Again -- I Dare You.JPG

5. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I just thought the whole situation was funny. Folks on here worrying about discussing guns in front of co-workers and meanwhile in liberal Austin the Glock and 1911 fans are going at it in the workplace as if they were on a gun forum.

6. kabob

kabob Well-Known

May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Well, after saying I've never sold or bought a firearm without a BOS or 4473, I went and sold one of my Sigs today for straight cash and a handshake. I must be one of those unsavory characters I was warning everybody about

7. Bithabus

Bithabus ! TGT Supporter

Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Excellent.

8. lalonguecarabine

lalonguecarabine A legend in my own mind! TGT Supporter

Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    If I'm not mistaken, everyone at my job except for the boss has a gun and shoots at least semi-regularly.
    In that aspect, considering that I work in Austin, I think I'm pretty freakin' lucky!

9. FoxHound

FoxHound Member

May 16, 2012
    San Antonio
    Maybe I misunderstood, but it seems quite a bit of you are afraid that a bill of sale can be used to incriminate you in a crime.

What I don't understand is, if the sale of the weapon was 100% legal at the time, how can the seller be charged if the buyer decides to later on commit a crime with said weapon?

I'd imagine keeping records is better than not since it could clear you of any wrongdoing (as long as you're doing legal sales)

Or am I missing the point here?

(also just to comment on original subject... Castle Doctrine. The end )

10. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You were soing fine until the part about a BOS clearing you. It does not clear you of anything, and creates defacto registration.