Capitol Armory ad

Carrying a rifle in a bug out situation?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    How does your pistols handle with a brace, are you able to move and still shoot accurately over 100 yards?

My curiousity is piqued, any chance you could post a pic of what you’re referencing with the specs, i.e. twist, preferred ammo, etc?

I’m always open to new and better ways ways to solve a prob. Convince me, I’m all ears :)

The brace handles no differently than a short stock.

Not shooting match target, nor doing long range sniping, so I am not concerned with twist or special ammo.
    DK Firearms

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I want you all to grab the rifle you think you'd want. Grab 6 fully loaded mags of that rifle and then try to walk a mile in rough ground with that setup. Keep in mind this doesn't include your water, food, clothes, and backpack. Then let me know if you want a 5.56 caliber. The shit is heavy folks. 22LR seems weak but it's still deadly. People aren't going to be rolling around with level 3A body armor most likely because guess what.. ITS HEAVY AND MOST AMERICANS CANT EVEN WALK A MILE IN NORMAL CLOTHES MUCH LESS BODY ARMOR.

My bug out is an SMith and Wesson MP-22 it weighs 4.2 pounds fully loaded.
    Why can't you have shoulder contact?

This is hard to prove. I shoot my DD MK18 pistol like a rifle at the range. Proving you have shoulder contact is difficult.

On what weapon to hump out with, why not a 10.5-12.5" AR pistol with brace and your wife with the .22lr? That covers more basis. I have certain guns lined out for my whole family, but the specific event/situation will determine what we carry.

For myself, I have all avenues covered. I have a setup for whatever I will need. In the mornings, I strap on my CRYE JPC with ceramic plates, 3- 30 round HK53 mags, P30 pistol and hike. It probably adds 25lbs but it gets my shoulders built up. I put a loose shirt over it so I don't freak people out even on my own property.

Reactions: gll

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    The “touch the shoulder” issue is why I’ve ignored braces. Err on the side of caution you could say.

I tend to toe the line when it comes to societal conformity. Yes ma’am, yes sir, and helping little old ladies is good for ones conscience.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    The “touch the shoulder” issue is why I’ve ignored braces. Err on the side of caution you could say.

I tend to toe the line when it comes to societal conformity. Yes ma’am, yes sir, and helping little old ladies is good for ones conscience.

I do too, I just happen to have a little rebellious American in me as well. You could call it rounded American cultural conformity.....in the classic sense . :D

fT3aWeH.png

Attachments

• fT3aWeH.png
      fT3aWeH.png
      236.2 KB · Views: 382

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    What about matching the rife to whatever pistol you are using? I’m thinking my PC9. It’s a take down and shares the same mag as my two Glock 19s. One Glock for me, one for wife and we share mags with the rifle. 30 rd sticks should suffice. Bug out you aren’t stopping an invasion or anything like that. You are just trying to get the heck out without drawing too much attention, so I’m thinking my .357 mag trapper lever action would do as well. It’s the lightest rifle I own and it’s very maneuverable

1086Cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2021
    Houston
    Yall with the .22 ideas... Not many large animals I've shot with a .22 died quick enough to remotely consider it for an emergency. I've had it fail to penetrate too many skulls.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    To old to run anymore bad heart knees back. Would have to send momma to friends but for me it's stand.
    I'd run to friends in the truck. Butt after that it's stand wit my back against the wall I'm packing my rifle all the ammo I can my pistols ammo as well.
    I'm carrying my 308. 45s and Guage. As far as I can.
    But no one makes it off this rock alive so take as many as you can

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    To old to run anymore bad heart knees back. Would have to send momma to friends but for me it's stand.
    I'd run to friends in the truck. Butt after that it's stand wit my back against the wall I'm packing my rifle all the ammo I can my pistols ammo as well.

Much more dignified to go down in a pile of empty brass at your feet.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

R.6df8ee68205b741c337756cc2b9f94b3

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Much more dignified to go down in a pile of empty brass at your feet.
    Tru dat brother let's be realistic how fast can a 60yr old man run into the woods not healthy, with a 120 lb bob? Plus no beer or jack..
    To late for me to even pretend to try to be Rambo
    But I can make sure they pay and try to by the fam some time

Top Bottom