DK Firearms

Carrying a concealed firearm is not supposed to be comfortable It's supposed to be comforting-Clint Smith

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    Why would anyone in their right mind move from Texas to Oregon?
    That makes me doubt his common sense
    1669744133171.jpeg

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Place your weapon in a “safari vest” or your jacket. The Doctor is not going to search clothing or purses. Personally, I just take it off in front of the Doc. If they don;t like that, there are other Doc’s.

Also, if you don’t want anyone to know, keep it concealed and do not reply to any questions from Doc or his staff re firearms during questioning.

Your weapons are NONE of your Physician’s business.

leVieux, MD
    Was super awks that one time I had to piss in a cup for a new job. Kinda saw the sign as I sorta accidentally walked right past it, then was asked to empty my pockets and place all contents in this here drawer... did some David Copperfield-grade slight of hand and managed to hide the Walther in my hat. Hat barely clonked as I put it in the drawer.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    If carrying is uncomfortable for you maybe you should get a man's purse, strap it across your chest with a Jimenez or Jennings .22 inside.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    If carrying is uncomfortable for you maybe you should get a man's purse, strap it across your chest with a Jimenez or Jennings .22 inside.

Just remember - if you are gonna have *one* purse, you need five, or ten. They have to match your outfits. And if you're going to accessorize with matching purses, make sure you have matching shoes - and don't wear white between Labor Day and April Fools. And be sure to have matching earrings, necklaces, and bracelets. Heaven forbid you look unkempt or slovenly! And if you really want to wow the bois - a gold plated Taurus PT92 is a show stopper when strapped on in genuine Targus leather :roflfunny:
    :roflfunny::roflfunny:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Why would anyone in their right mind move from Texas to Oregon?
    That makes me doubt his common sense

The power of the pussy. He did it to keep wifey happy, because she's from Oregon and her parents were getting older. Oregon didn't suck nearly as bad when he moved the school either - shall issue concealed carry w/o the live fire requirements, open carry outside half a dozen urban centers without need for a license, all the NFA goodies, state pre-emption, and no weight of law to no-guns signs aside from the handful of places specifically spelled out in the law as no-go zones. You could carry into schools, churches, bars, restuarants, hospitals, nursing homes, sports stadiums - all legal like without the need for a tin star in your pocket. Then 2020 came and the state went to shit damn near overnight, as far as gun laws go, and it just gets worse. The other shit-parts about the state were previously confined to Portland, Salem, and Eugene in large part. But yes, I share the sentiment there - took years of planning to GTFO, and you couldn't pay me to go back.

Wife's family, IIRC.

Yup - his in laws lived in southern Oregon - which, landcape wise can resemble west Texas or the Hill Country, and aside from the loonatics in Klamath Falls (a purple town - natives are mostly conservative, its home to the USAF equivalent of "top gun" flight school - but its also home to the Oregon Institute of Technology so it brings a buuunch of lefty kids to town) and Ashland (fucking San Francisco on a mini scale - hippie dippie weirdos everywhere + Southern Oregon University)

Damn skippy - though there's Texan bigfoots too. They speak with a twang and wear boots down here, so it makes 'em harder to track because it just looks like some farm boy has been out tromping around. :roflfunny:

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    The power of the pussy. He did it to keep wifey happy, because she's from Oregon and her parents were getting older. Oregon didn't suck nearly as bad when he moved the school either - shall issue concealed carry w/o the live fire requirements, open carry outside half a dozen urban centers without need for a license, all the NFA goodies, state pre-emption, and no weight of law to no-guns signs aside from the handful of places specifically spelled out in the law as no-go zones. You could carry into schools, churches, bars, restuarants, hospitals, nursing homes, sports stadiums - all legal like without the need for a tin star in your pocket. Then 2020 came and the state went to shit damn near overnight, as far as gun laws go, and it just gets worse. The other shit-parts about the state were previously confined to Portland, Salem, and Eugene in large part. But yes, I share the sentiment there - took years of planning to GTFO, and you couldn't pay me to go back.

Yup - his in laws lived in southern Oregon - which, landcape wise can resemble west Texas or the Hill Country, and aside from the loonatics in Klamath Falls (a purple town - natives are mostly conservative, its home to the USAF equivalent of "top gun" flight school - but its also home to the Oregon Institute of Technology so it brings a buuunch of lefty kids to town) and Ashland (fucking San Francisco on a mini scale - hippie dippie weirdos everywhere + Southern Oregon University)

Damn skippy - though there's Texan bigfoots too. They speak with a twang and wear boots down here, so it makes 'em harder to track because it just looks like some farm boy has been out tromping around. :roflfunny:
    Lol, I know the real deal is out in east Texas, we’ve also got the lesser know dogman as well in Central Texas.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Somehting to the effect of that a gun you decide to carry should not be completely comfortable physically but just mentally or some nonsense.
    >

The basic caveat in all this is:

The “best” weapon and carry system for anyone is the weapon which is MOST LIKELY TO BE THERE WHEN NEEDED !

And, we know that it is fairly impossible to predict when that will occur.

leVieux

Top Bottom