Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Got the concealed carrier vest from Safe Life Defense today:
    1226201218.jpg

Now waiting on the tactical carrier vest in coyote tan. Fits nice, and not nearly as heavy as expected.

Attachments

• 1226201218.jpg
      1226201218.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 212
    Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Oddly, just picked up a like-new Point Blank Outer Tactical Vest (OTV) plate carrier there other day for next to nothing.

It's in woodland and size large, and looks just like the pics below.

Got a connection to get some plates to go in it, in no rush but I will do so in the very near future...

OTV Plate Carrier (1).jpg OTV Plate Carrier (2).jpg OTV Plate Carrier (3).jpg OTV Plate Carrier (4).jpg OTV Plate Carrier (5).jpg OTV Plate Carrier (6).jpg OTV Plate Carrier (7).jpg OTV Plate Carrier (8).jpg OTV Plate Carrier (9).jpg OTV Plate Carrier (10).jpg

Asymmetrical

The harmony of the Pen and the Sword
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2018
    Texas
    Ferro Slickster all day, every day. Ever since I bought mine in 2018, I haven't felt a need for any other carrier setup. I can strip it down and wear it under a shirt, or I can add a Mayflower APC soft armor/MOLLE cummerbund and shoulder pads to turn it into an assault carrier. It's light, simple, durable and wears well. For the price, you can't hardly beat it.

MarkTheNewf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    Not
    I don't ever plan to get this sorta stuff as I'm an OFM (old-fat-married) guy and I'm not sure I could ever justify it to myself! It is interesting to learn about it and see how they're set up, though.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I asked my wife if I should get some for her. She said she would never need it.

Most confident thing I’ve heard that wasn’t arrogant my entire life. She was just puzzled.

I’ll never buy Ar500 or rifle caliber stuff because of the weight. I prefer the stab proof level iiia stuff. Real light plastic/composite. I really don’t want to get stabbed.

flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands
    I have a BFG Plateminus with Hesco L210 plates. I keep it as minimal as possible. I can easily conceal it under a loose shirt if I ditch the shoulder pads and triple mag slab.

yIOxAu8h.jpg

flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands
    Are those Kywi mag pouches?
    Hows retention?

BFG tenspeed. I like them - light and they lay flat when empty. Putting a mag back into the elastic stuff quickly takes practice but isn’t hard once you figure it out.

I have esstac Kywi on one of my belts. They are very nice and work great. I go back and forth between that belt and one with BFG tenspeed pouches... heavy and solid, vs light and soft.

I think I like the esstac overall more for my range and larping use, but they’re both great in their own way. If I spent more time prone or in a car with my gear, the BFG stuff would probably get the nod. It almost disappears when nothing is in it.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    20191001_034033.jpg

Ferro concepts slickster with front and rear ESAPI. Nice and slim, but i have a Haley D3RX or whatever for extra stuff.

Not crazy about how the bags hold the plate in, the roll inwards and het annoying after a few hours

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Spartan Armor Level III+ for m855 and 30-06, with a anti spall bag around the front plate. Its heavy for it size, but so am I. No different than football pads. You get used to it.
    20210221_140419.jpg

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom