• ...and so much more!
  • Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Try going directly online. An Allstate agent quoted my 1,400 for a 6 month policy; 2 vehicles full coverage.
    Went direct the the Allstate website and got the same policy for 1,050. I suspect the difference is the commission and agents have the ability to negotiate down to a certain point. Agents really don't do much for clients anymore anyway other than collect you money. The last 2 times I had something happen, the agent said "call this number or link at the website". They don't want to assist you anymore.
    When State Farm sent renewal notices with excessive price increases, my agent would obtain a reduction of the rate sent by the insurance company. My present insurance company operates directly online without local agents.
    Gun Zone Deals

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    When State Farm sent renewal notices with excessive price increases, my agent would obtain a reduction of the rate sent by the insurance company. My present insurance company operates directly online without local agents.
    If you are anything like me, you can represent yourself during any negotiations better than most agents. Just a bit of internet research, if necessary and you are up to speed.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Every insurer is facing increased cost of losses on automobiles related to inflation and labor costs. Those costs are passed on to the entire pool AND, usually, to the claimant.
    On that same note: after Ian, scary thinking about what flood insurance is going to cost us next year.

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    The way pricing was explained to me, by an actuary no less, was as follows: Insurance companies look at the demographics of the people they are insuring. If they find they have an overabundance of a particular age group, they raise the rates for that group hoping to cut it down. Conversely, if they feel they they don't have sufficient representation in a different age group, they will lower that rate, hoping to attract. Thats why you need to do your research every time your policy comes up for renewal.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Six months ago Geico raised my rates $50/mo. Just got my new rates, another $50/mo. No tickets, wrecks or claims. Not even roadside assistance. Screw that shit.
    Time to look for new insurance

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Had Elephant to get discount below GEICO. Agent got new job so now ins just went up 45%... OK, so o of txts about changing but no company names. all the compare sites are fronts for specific companies. any luck with a particular? tks

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    I have been with State Farm all my adult life. Whenever I call around for quotes no other insurer has been within 60% and most are twice the price. I just had a car totaled with State Farm and the claims process took two weeks for funds to me. That is pretty good. USAA claims procedures are limited by the competence of their adjusters and an assumption that folks will pocket the check rather than repair. A good body shop is essential in dealing with many crash claims.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    The way pricing was explained to me, by an actuary no less, was as follows: Insurance companies look at the demographics of the people they are insuring. If they find they have an overabundance of a particular age group, they raise the rates for that group hoping to cut it down. Conversely, if they feel they they don't have sufficient representation in a different age group, they will lower that rate, hoping to attract. Thats why you need to do your research every time your policy comes up for renewal.
    I remember State Farm raising rate on a person when he had a perfect driving record. Said he was a risk as he was ''overdue" to have an accident.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I have been with State Farm all my adult life. Whenever I call around for quotes no other insurer has been within 60% and most are twice the price. I just had a car totaled with State Farm and the claims process took two weeks for funds to me. That is pretty good. USAA claims procedures are limited by the competence of their adjusters and an assumption that folks will pocket the check rather than repair. A good body shop is essential in dealing with many crash claims.
    My wife's grandson was hit by an uninsured driver while driving my vehicle. USAA quickly paid the claim after obtaining police report. When I had storm damage, the adjuster processed the claim promptly. My three vehicles and two houses are now covered by USAA.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    The difference in insuring my three vehicles in Tennessee and Texas only resulted in a total of $53 a month. I had expected a larger increase.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    With shop $ at 100/hr and cost of parts AND all the claims for 'nature' damage, ins Co have to do something or go broke. It's going to get WORSE!

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    For what it's worth, I've found that Safeco is the only company that I found which will issue a 12 month auto policy. Everybody else is on a 6 month term. Getting an annual policy at least limits increases to one per year.
    That said, It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they change to the 6 month term in the future. I think the only thing from keeping them from issuing monthly policies would be the administrative headaches.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    For what it's worth, I've found that Safeco is the only company that I found which will issue a 12 month auto policy. Everybody else is on a 6 month term. Getting an annual policy at least limits increases to one per year.
    That said, It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they change to the 6 month term in the future. I think the only thing from keeping them from issuing monthly policies would be the administrative headaches.
    Never had any company try to increase the premium at the six month mark.

Top Bottom