• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    We have 6 cars with USAA and four motorcycles with Progressive. Every few years I have a local broker do a quote but no one ever comes in lower than USAA. Some of our cars are old enough that their value has increased lately.
    52 year member of USAA.
    They have been great for 50 of those years.

A relative decline in their service has been noticeable the past couple of years.

Chalking it up to the rampant stupidity in the general population.

Good help is damn near impossible to find ...

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    52 year member of USAA.

A relative decline in their service has been noticeable the past couple of years.

First civilian ceo. Lots of ppl arent happy with him or the changes he has made

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    First civilian ceo. Lots of ppl arent happy with him or the changes he has made

Don’t get me started on Wayne. Take at look at the EC; zero .mil representation and 80% new on the last two years.

Remember when the member experience could be no better than the employee experience? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    52 year member of USAA.

Concur. I hear it all the time and I’ve experienced it. They screwed up an estimate for me on some commercial property we own. I sent a snail mail letter complaining and someone from the CEO’s office actually called me and had listened to all the conversations (all recorded). Completely owned up to it being their fault and said several people got remedial training. Maybe it was BS but they fixed it for me in the end. The cost difference is enough that I can tolerate less than perfect service.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Concur. I hear it all the time and I’ve experienced it. They screwed up an estimate for me on some commercial property we own. I sent a snail mail letter complaining and someone from the CEO’s office actually called me and had listened to all the conversations (all recorded). Completely owned up to it being their fault and said several people got remedial training. Maybe it was BS but they fixed it for me in the end. The cost difference is enough that I can tolerate less than perfect service.
    Youngest daughter had a no fault, four way stop sign, fender bender 3 weeks ago in Houston,
    Her vehicle towed, with USAA guidance, to their, unknown to her (and obviously USAA), repair location.
    Got notice two days later car was totaled(?), but USAA still did not have its location information?
    Vehicle finally located 4 days ago, but all parties still uncertain of vehicle repair/totaled status?

I have stayed out of it and let her and Mom handle it, so far ...

Just too damn old to go to jail ...

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    Youngest daughter had a no fault, four way stop sign, fender bender 3 weeks ago in Houston,
    Her vehicle towed, with USAA guidance, to their, unknown to her (and obviously USAA), repair location.
    Got notice two days later car was totaled(?), but USAA still did not have its location information?
    Vehicle finally located 4 days ago, but all parties still uncertain of vehicle repair/totaled status?

I have stayed out of it and let her and Mom handle it, so far ...

Just too damn old to go to jail ...
    It always seemed to me that when they opened up the membership to anyone who ever had a relative that served for a week (I’m exaggerating) it started downhill. I’ve been a member since I was a cadet in 1979.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    It always seemed to me that when they opened up the membership to anyone who ever had a relative that served for a week (I’m exaggerating) it started downhill. I’ve been a member since I was a cadet in 1979.
    Joined out of OCS circa 1967.

For a good while their world wide, world class, full monte banking and insurance service was impossible to beat.

Now even BOA and Wells Fargo gives them a run for the money for online banking and finance.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    Dad was drafted to Vietnam and never considered USAA. His fault? Y'all can decide. Funeral Directors and Insurance Agents have all the moneys. Bank CEOs act like they do but it all belongs to someone else.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Just got a new policy with State Farm. Saved almost half forms what Progressive wanted to renew. I was happily surprised.

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    We had USAA and were happy with their car insurance so we tried their home owners insurance. Rates were good and things were fine until we had to use it (small tornado/F1 wind damage to our house back in VA). USAA screwed us dry six ways to Sunday over that damage claim (refused to pay) and that was after they took 6 weeks to send out an adjuster. Neighbors with other companies were promptly taken care of.

We asked them for auto quotes when we moved here a couple years ago and they jacked the rates up. We called around and Progressive (who I had for the motorcycle) gave us a quote that was half of what USAA wanted.

(Good) Customer service is NOT in USAA's vocabulary - we don't recommend them for banking, loans or insurance to anyone - YMMV....

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Been with GEICO for some time now both cars and home. Excellent service for the last 20 years or so. Tried getting quotes from USAA a number of times as my daughter is insured there and likes them. The quotes I got back were never anywhere near what my GEICO payment was. Generally at least double my GEICO. Needless to say I am still with GEICO. Just finished a water damage claim for about $30k that happened over a year and a half ago just as COVID started ramping up. No issues along the way even with a year + wait due to no workmen would come in the house at the time.

SrsTwist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Austin
    I have Allstate. I wanted to switch to Progressive. They have a special business use rider for gig delivery drivers like me that Allstate doesn't offer. But because I recently had my car totaled by an uninsured drunk driver Progressive wants more than twice what I'm paying now. They told me straight out it was mainly because of the accident, not the extra rider. The fact that the accident wasn't by fault makes no difference. Allstate had to pay out a claim to me so Progressive wants to screw me as hard as they can. Hard pass on that.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    We have 6 cars with USAA and four motorcycles with Progressive. Every few years I have a local broker do a quote but no one ever comes in lower than USAA. Some of our cars are old enough that their value has increased lately.
    Switched automobiles and home to USAA years ago after State Farm got too greedy.

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    We had USAA and were happy with their car insurance so we tried their home owners insurance. Rates were good and things were fine until we had to use it (small tornado/F1 wind damage to our house back in VA). USAA screwed us dry six ways to Sunday over that damage claim (refused to pay) and that was after they took 6 weeks to send out an adjuster. Neighbors with other companies were promptly taken care of.

We asked them for auto quotes when we moved here a couple years ago and they jacked the rates up. We called around and Progressive (who I had for the motorcycle) gave us a quote that was half of what USAA wanted.

(Good) Customer service is NOT in USAA's vocabulary - we don't recommend them for banking, loans or insurance to anyone - YMMV....
    Your not alone, I deal with every insurance company there is and USAA is the worst. They screw over their customers and do not care. I have never personally had them but 5 out of 6 clients this year alone dropped them after claims were closed due to terrible customer service and refusal to pay.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    That hasn't been my experience, but I've only ever used their auto insurance.

I think my insurance has gone up about 8%, but it's hard to tell since I'm always adjusting what's in storage or not.
    During the 10 years I've had USAA I've had a claim on my roof which was handled promptly. My grandchildren have had two automotive claims which were handled to my satisfaction.
    Your mileage may vary.

Top Bottom