• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Really really thinking about the Canik TP9SFX. I was leaning towards getting a Sig P320 (either the M17 or the Legion X5), but I looked at a Canik yesterday and it is a really good looking gun with a great trigger. It definitely cost less, so I was wondering how reliable it really is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Really really thinking about the Canik TP9SFX. I was leaning towards getting a Sig P320 (either the M17 or the Legion X5), but I looked at a Canik yesterday and it is a really good looking gun with a great trigger. It definitely cost less, so I was wondering how reliable it really is.

Well, I've got both (my P320 is a full size). I've had them both for a year and put about 400 rounds through each.
    I like both of them equally, can't say I prefer one over the other, so since the Canik costs less, I would say go for it.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I've been eyeing the TP9SFX for a while now. If I can find a Blackout locally for a decent deal it's mine. Canik's seem to have a pretty good reputation and so do many of the Turk guns that are coming in. Chinese prices with quality construction.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I like my TP9SF quite a bit.
    Solid, reliable, good trigger, great price.

IMHO it punches well-above it’s price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thrice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2020
    Denton

I'm having this same dilemma!

For the price it seems great

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I’ve shot a Sig before and I liked it, but there was something about the feel of that Canik in my hand (and that trigger was amazing) that made me lean towards it instead. The only one in stock at the store I go to is the black/tungsten with the Vortex red dot included. I would rather it not have the red dot, because it’s $150 cheaper without it, and I already have a Burris. But I may go and see if they still have it in stock in the morning.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I, and a few others have issues with engaging the trigger safety.

Country of origin aside, they are solid guns

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I've had a TP9SFX with the reflex sight on it for about a year. I like it a lot. It's very comfortable to shoot and the trigger is really good for a striker fired gun. For what you get for the price, I'd definitely recommend it. I think it is really well constructed and it had some small details that I really liked - like helicoiled threads in the optics mount etc.

As far as reliability goes, I did a bunch of research on it before I got it. It definitely had cycling problems at first unless I ran hotter or heavier ammo through it. It would choke on 115 g ammo reliably, but after a few hundred rounds, it doesn't anymore. The importer will give you a reduced power recoil spring kit that is supposed to help.

thrice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2020
    Denton
    I've had a TP9SFX with the reflex sight on it for about a year. I like it a lot. It's very comfortable to shoot and the trigger is really good for a striker fired gun. For what you get for the price, I'd definitely recommend it. I think it is really well constructed and it had some small details that I really liked - like helicoiled threads in the optics mount etc.

As far as reliability goes, I did a bunch of research on it before I got it. It definitely had cycling problems at first unless I ran hotter or heavier ammo through it. It would choke on 115 g ammo reliably, but after a few hundred rounds, it doesn't anymore. The importer will give you a reduced power recoil spring kit that is supposed to help.

Which ammo would you suggest to break it in?

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    Canik recommends that you shoot 124 grain NATO loads in their guns. I had some issues with both of my Caniks before I found out, after switching up to 124 gr. not a problem! They are the most accurate pistols I have. I've only achieved a perfect score, once, in three years of local pistol competitions, and that was with my TP9sfx.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Pronstar,

When did you buy it?

Cost out the door?

Thanks!

813f6aaeef27da780c6b5c858eda62a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• 813f6aaeef27da780c6b5c858eda62a7.jpg
      813f6aaeef27da780c6b5c858eda62a7.jpg
      22.2 KB · Views: 775

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

CodyK; All,

While I like the CANIK pistols, they are (IMO) NOT as good quality & more expensive too than the Tisas ZIGANA K & F are.
    (I paid 229.oo plus tax & 15.oo transfer for my "K", from www.classicfirearms.com & most people who have seen/fired it think that it was MORE than 2X as expensive as it was. - The veteran employee of the LGS that did the transfer, inspected at it carefully inside/out, guessed that it was an >700.oo handgun.)

The ONLY problem that I have is that when I tried to order another ZIGANA K was that they were sold out/on backorder.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

CodyK; All,

While I like the CANIK pistols, they are (IMO) NOT as good quality & more expensive too than the Tisas ZIGANA K & F are.
    (I paid 229.oo plus tax & 15.oo transfer for my "K", from www.classicfirearms.com & most people who have seen/fired it think that it was MORE than 2X as expensive as it was. - The veteran employee of the LGS that did the transfer, inspected at it carefully inside/out, guessed that it was an >700.oo handgun.)

The ONLY problem that I have is that when I tried to order another ZIGANA K was that they were sold out/on backorder.

yours, satx

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I, and a few others have issues with engaging the trigger safety.

Country of origin aside, they are solid guns

How do you mean?

I didn't realize there was a way to even place the weapon on "safe", i havent loaded mine yet save for snap caps. I have noticed if you have any left/right pressure on the trigger it doesn't want to drop the hammer.

Top Bottom