• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Senator declares campus carry bill 'dead' - San Antonio Express-News

Houston Democrat John Whitmire, the longest serving member of the upper-chamber, shot down the chances of Senate Bill 182 being considered in the Criminal Justice Committee, which he chairs.
    “I don't think there is any question that the tragedies around the country, most recently at Sandy Hook, put a chilling effect on broadening the right to carry on campuses and other venues,” said Whitmire. “I personally think we need a cooling off period.”

Also there is this gem.

they still haven't set a hearing for universal background checks legislation, which has overwhelming support from 78 percent of Texans,” said John Woods, a board member for Texas Gun Sense whose girlfriend was killed in the Virginia Tech massacre. “Their priorities are all out of whack.”

I've never heard of "Texas Gun Sense" but apparently they are pushing for universal background check in Texas.
    Guns International

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I read that earlier. I'm seriously ticked at this shit they're spewing, and I feel like I sometimes have to be reminded exactly what state I'm in when I read that bullshit.

Vote these people out already!

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I've never heard of "Texas Gun Sense" but apparently they are pushing for universal background check in Texas.

They have a FB page and use to be Students for a Gun Free Schools in Texas. Just more of the same s&*t.
    Again, I have to say, though I don't wish for it, I will find it enjoyable to watch these POS running around in a SHTF scenario trying to dial 911 or asking us to protect them once they realize that no one is coming to save them.

Prothos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    To many Liberals have moved to Texas and changing the state for the bad and we keep welcoming them in.

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    Time for an overhaul in the Texas legislative delegation. This 137 year old dog can't even locate the nearest fire hydrant.

The "session time has expired" on this B.S. Time to go back to the default gun law -no compromise = the Second Amendment ( and I don't mean the annotated version published by the SCOTUS) CC/OC isn't the issue anymore for me. The 2A = CARRY -period.

I strictly " complied with" the 2A for years before that gaggle of geese in Austin decided they would offer me a license to continue doing so. I can go back to square ONE again.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Senator declares campus carry bill 'dead' - San Antonio Express-News

Also there is this gem.

He's the crackpot from Virginia Tech that's been the poster boy for the Brady Clowns, profiting off his organizations/movements to kill gun rights. I heard, just rumor, he's had to change some names to be in accordance with a non-profit regulations or something along those lines.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Uh... can't I already do that? The signs at Texas Tech University state that you cannot have a weapon on campus if you're unlicensed to do so.

How do you become unlicensed?

Non-students and students are different but a general statement about licensing to have a "weapon" (if that's how it's worded) has nothing to do with law....except that it's confusing. :cool:

Top Bottom