Patriot Mobile

(!Calling All AK Gurus!) What Makes This Maadi so Speical?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • McDaniel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/247054000/247054081/pix148388236.jpg

I'm in the market for an AK. Here I run into this Maadi which has a full-auto bolt carrier and the classic chrome bolt.

Price tag: $1400. Here I'm thinking, "This must be a Pre-1989 ban AK!"

Importer: PARS International. Now I'm thinking, "Oh, so it's a POST-1989 ban AK... but PARS International AK's didn't have a chrome bolt, full-auto bolt carrier, bayonet lug, nor a threaded barrel."

Is this AK a super rare Maadi or did some asshat modify it to fool someone so they could make an extra buck?
    Lynx Defense

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Looks like a $400ish gun to me, someone might have swapped some parts in. M Sage is a good source for Ak INfo as well as MajorMadmax and several others.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Sorry, just got back from Miami. I am no expert on Maadis, but from what I have seen they can be easily had in the $500-600 range (Gunbroker has a bunch of them). I am not a connoisseur of Egyptian AKs, so if there's something special about this one it's beyond me. That does look like it could be a Russian bayonet, so that's worth about another $80-85...

I'd ask over at the AK Forum, there's even a section dedication to Egyptian AKs!

Cheers! M2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    NC & NC
    I obviously cannot see the actual auction but it might be a Steyr imported Maadi from before the ban years. They were far different drom the ARM's & MISR's that were imported later. They have always demanded higher prices from collectors becuase they were 100% Egyptian. Built at a factory handed to them by the Soviets. During those years it was the only way to get a truly "Russian" AK. This was long before the flood of Arsenal imported Russian AK's we have available now, not to forget the true Soviet parts kits and high quality NoDak receivers to build on.

They are stunning AK's but a little pricey to me.

Top Bottom