• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Ha! That pretty much sums up gun control. Some average, possible stupid person, using his or her own judgement to allow, or not allow someone to defend themselves with a weapon that is equal, or superior to the agressors. If this were real, there would NOT be video contact, as to protect the operator from retaliation by a victim in a bad outcome. This video illustrates what a lot of people don't understand about gun control. Thanks for posting.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I apologize for repeating something that I posted before but it's appropriate, here.

Ronnie & Linda are friends who run the local auto parts store. Their little grand daughter came over a lot so Ronnie locked up ALL of his guns to "protect" her. One night, a criminal with a long record broke into their home and began fighting with Ronnie. During the fight, Linda picked up an antique farm implement and began beating the thug on the head with the handle of it. The guy finally ran off but not before he stabbed Ronnie 11 times!

Ronnie healed up, the thug was caught and served time in prison. We all learned from this lesson. Locking up ALL of your guns is a serious and possibly fatal mistake!

My policy is simple. Lock up your guns except for the ones that are on duty for SD or carry. We need our home defense firearms available and ready to protect us! There is a loaded pistol 12" from my right hand as I type this. I will NOT lock up my home defense guns unless I'm going on a trip for a few days. Then, everything is secured but my carry piece that I take with me.

Flash

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I apologize for repeating something that I posted before but it's appropriate, here.

Ronnie & Linda are friends who run the local auto parts store. Their little grand daughter came over a lot so Ronnie locked up ALL of his guns to "protect" her. One night, a criminal with a long record broke into their home and began fighting with Ronnie. During the fight, Linda picked up an antique farm implement and began beating the thug on the head with the handle of it. The guy finally ran off but not before he stabbed Ronnie 11 times!

Ronnie healed up, the thug was caught and served time in prison. We all learned from this lesson. Locking up ALL of your guns is a serious and possibly fatal mistake!

My policy is simple. Lock up your guns except for the ones that are on duty for SD or carry. We need our home defense firearms available and ready to protect us! There is a loaded pistol 12" from my right hand as I type this. I will NOT lock up my home defense guns unless I'm going on a trip for a few days. Then, everything is secured but my carry piece that I take with me.

Flash
    Locking up guns used in HoDef is STUPID at best deadly at worst. Why lock up your only means of defense against and intruder? I was talking to a cop and he was anti gun anti defense. Told me I should call 911. I told him I live 15 min from the city limits on I 10 at 75 mph. Then I said I was 911 on my place. He thought I was some kind of radical I am sure. I told him that as a free citizen, gun owner and having a family I make the assumption, right or wrong that when an intruder crosses my fence line he is there to commit the highest of crimes against me and my family, that means murder and rape. I will not assume he came in the dark of night to stop by and have a cup of coffee with me. Some cops do not support us the potential victims...

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Locking up guns used in HoDef is STUPID at best deadly at worst.

I agree. Note that I specified locking guns up that are NOT assigned to SD or HD. I recommend that so a criminal won't get access to the bulk of your property if he breaks in. In my home, I am never more than two steps away from a loaded, chambered firearm. I have instructed my little dog Jake on proper firearms handling....snicker.

I see Ronnie several times per week. He is a constant reminder of why it's a mistake to lock up ALL of your firearms!

Flash

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Locking up guns used in HoDef is STUPID at best deadly at worst. Why lock up your only means of defense against and intruder? I was talking to a cop and he was anti gun anti defense. Told me I should call 911. I told him I live 15 min from the city limits on I 10 at 75 mph. Then I said I was 911 on my place. He thought I was some kind of radical I am sure. I told him that as a free citizen, gun owner and having a family I make the assumption, right or wrong that when an intruder crosses my fence line he is there to commit the highest of crimes against me and my family, that means murder and rape. I will not assume he came in the dark of night to stop by and have a cup of coffee with me. Some cops do not support us the potential victims...
    He is the exception, especcially in Texas.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Met an SAPD officer today who agreed that gun control would do nothing, and that the media = liberal propaganda.

Seemed like a nice guy.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom