• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Virtue signalling to get votes.

Then kick the can down the road to let the politicians in 2035 figure out how to fix the mess.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    It's my understanding that CA has plenty of electricity, so this is a viable plan.
    Commiefornia had rolling blackouts just recently because they couldn't buy enough electricity from surrounding states. They shut down nuclear and natural gas generating plants. They depend on outside grids to carry them when it is hot. Okay to pollute in those states but not CA. Electricity rates are very high. Imagine now all electric cars, where will they charge? Wind and solar won't do it. My brother couldn't charge his Tesla during the fires in CA because the electricity was off. Gas powered vehicle let the family escape. Another stupid CA law that will only lead to disaster.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Electric cars only make sense, if you have clean energy to provide power for recharging, that doesn't come from petroleum.

If you have more electric cars, that are being recharged from power sources that are using coal, or petroleum to provide energy, then you have more demand on those sources for the power plants. Higher demand.

If the power plants were nuclear, or solar, or wind powered, then it makes some sort of sense, and isn't then dependent upon fossil fuels to provide the power to recharge the electric cars.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    They’ve already pushed-out a ton of diesel trucks.

If you need a heavy diesel work truck, there are lots of CA folks selling them for cheap because it’s too expensive to retrofit them with the needed smog equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands
    They’ve already pushed-out a ton of diesel trucks.

If you need a heavy diesel work truck, there are lots of CA folks selling them for cheap because it’s too expensive to retrofit them with the needed smog equipment.

My wife's uncle had a couple rigs he used to haul stuff around on commission. He lives outside of Auburn, CA. The state put him out of business. Now he's between spending beaucoup bucks on new trucks, or just hanging up the spurs. Think he's just going to go run in Nevada instead.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My wife's uncle had a couple rigs he used to haul stuff around on commission. He lives outside of Auburn, CA. The state put him out of business. Now he's between spending beaucoup bucks on new trucks, or just hanging up the spurs. Think he's just going to go run in Nevada instead.
    Leaving commiefornia is always the best answer, no matter what the question was.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

It’s crazy because these libs say they hate big corporate America...but everything they do kills the little guy, and makes big business that much bigger.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    I wonder if they thought about how to replace all the lost tax revenue from the gas tax per gallon. I’m sure increasing the income taxes and property taxes will go for well with the populace then.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Wasn't that an executive order?

I'd also like to know the Newsome family's financial holdings.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I wonder if they thought about how to replace all the lost tax revenue from the gas tax per gallon. I’m sure increasing the income taxes and property taxes will go for well with the populace then.
    I wouldn't worry too much about them on that. They have already come up with genius approaches in some western states (OR?). They just put a monitoring device in your car and tax you per MILE. Heck, by the time it comes to our area, it will just be an app on our phone. MileWatcherPlus. Pay up!

One example:

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I wouldn't worry too much about them on that. They have already come up with genius approaches in some western states (OR?). They just put a monitoring device in your car and tax you per MILE. Heck, by the time it comes to our area, it will just be an app on our phone. MileWatcherPlus. Pay up!

One example:
    You are sorta right... Actually it will be an app embedded in the onboard software. It will be capable of disabling said auto until said taxes are paid. Will operate on rolling(pun intended) 30 day window.

ETA: Will not impact the wealth nor the poor - HELLO middle class. Like My daddy used to say:

"Damn the mule! Load the wagon!"

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

They’ll have to do something, because CA has what they call a “gas tax swap”.

Details here:

...but basically, the total revenue from the tax is flat, and they raise/lower the tax depending on the amount of fuel that’s taxed, so that the revenue remains flat.

If more gas is sold, the tax goes down. If less fuel is sold, the tax goes up.

Reducing the demand for gas doesn’t reduce revenue, because they’ll increase the amount of tax per gallon to make up the difference.

Top Bottom