• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SIG-SOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    DFW
    I went to the new Cabella's in Allen this morning to check it out. Parking was impossible, even at 11:30 this morning. The gun counter was even worse. I think 80% of the shoppers were in the guns section. 5 and 6 deep all along the entire counter of handguns. Employees said opening day was even worse.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has been to this store or another. I didn't think the handgun prices were that great. But people were buying like crazy. Nice to see I guess. Ammo prices were nothing special either.

Still, a fun trip. I ended up buying a $99 Mosin Nagant for the heck of it. Actually in pretty good shape for that price.
    Guns International

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I tried to go yesterday but it was impossible. They had so many people there they had to have off site parking and shuttle people in, I just kept on truckin I'll give it a month and hit it on a monday.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    So you see how busy it was there with a sale going on? Guess what, there were multiple times I opened at Cabela's on a sale like that and they only scheduled TWO of us for the gun counter for the first 2hrs! That's with 50-100+ people waiting at the door at open, ALL waiting for the gun line. Talk about corporate idiocy to save a couple bucks.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    I shop often at the one in Buda ... gun prices aren't great, it's true, tho I have purchased two guns there; as far as ammo goes they have an incredible selection, far more than my local gun shops, and often have excellent sales ...

bootsdeal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    North Texas
    I go to Cabella's in Ft. Worth. Same story during sales -- very busy. In fact, they always seem to be busy when I'm there (gun section), but I still go back. Have purchased 1 gun from them and no problems. However, in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area, I believe that Cheaper Than Dirt is the better of the two, especially the one in McKinney, Tx. For a Dentonite, it's only a 30 minute drive. They were also busy, but I've only been there once and it was a Saturday. The way they have their guns merchandised for viewing is a great improvement over Cabella'a or Bass Pro.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    We finally went to Cabelas yesterday (Sat. 4/23/11), not too big a crowd. The sale must be over because I sure didn't see much on sale, at least not much of anything I wanted. The gun prices are not that great but didn't look at guns but a few minutes after seeing some of the prices. I did buy some hot weather hunting clothing, a ventilated tee shirt ($5.00 off the elevated normal price) and a hat with a shield in back for warding off heat in a blind facing east.
    I like Bass Pro much better and will always check Academy prices before buying anything at B. P. or Cabelas. If Academy has what you want their prices are usually much better, especially when it comes to guns.
    The good thing about having a new outdoor sports store in the area is that you can actually find what you need, when you need it. Online sales when free (or cheap) shipping is offer is a better way to buy.
    Bootsdeal: Totally agree about Cheaper Than Dirt. I ordered some scope rings there that they didn't have in stock. They drop shipped them to me at home within two days with no shipping cost. Small store but big catalog.

Top Bottom