• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I think that’s a small fine. No serious trouble for him, which it sounds like he needs.

Last edited:

alyeh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    California
    Hey all,
    Called Austin as recommended earlier. Disclaimer though, the person I spoke to was a desk rep rather than a Special Agent. From what we spoke about, ATF has exclusive jurisdiction of 27 CFR, which mostly pertains to FFLs. As long as Chaz doesn't violate the GCA, NFA, or commit a "willful violation", there is nothing the ATF can enforce that prohibits a licensee from taking a customer's gun, recording it in his log properly, and keeping it forever. FFL's can only be revoked if they "willfully" commit the following:
    1. Transferring a firearm to a prohibited person
    2. Failing to conduct a required background check
    3. Falsifying records, such as a firearms transaction form
    4. Failing to respond to a trace request
    5. Refusing to permit ATF to conduct an inspection
    6. Account for firearms
    7. Verify and document buyer eligibility
    8. Maintain records needed for successful firearms tracing
    9. Report multiple sales of handguns
    And apparently even if you commit any of those, only 0.7% of violations result in revocation. Theft of a gun and transporting stolen property between states is under 18 U.S.C. and under the jurisdiction of the FBI. Not sure how much of this is accurate. The guy put me on hold for 10 minutes trying to find an answer. I plan on calling back and asking for a Special Agent directly. Can any FFLs or others with legal experience chime in?

Thanks

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Hey all,
    Called Austin as recommended earlier. Disclaimer though, the person I spoke to was a desk rep rather than a Special Agent. From what we spoke about, ATF has exclusive jurisdiction of 27 CFR, which mostly pertains to FFLs. As long as Chaz doesn't violate the GCA, NFA, or commit a "willful violation", there is nothing the ATF can enforce that prohibits a licensee from taking a customer's gun, recording it in his log properly, and keeping it forever. FFL's can only be revoked if they "willfully" commit the following:
    6. Account for firearms
    And apparently even if you commit any of those, only 0.7% of violations result in revocation. Theft of a gun and transporting stolen property between states is under 18 U.S.C. and under the jurisdiction of the FBI. Not sure how much of this is accurate. The guy put me on hold for 10 minutes trying to find an answer. I plan on calling back and asking for a Special Agent directly. Can any FFLs or others with legal experience chime in?

Thanks

So tomorrow's adventure is calling the FBI.

5740 University Heights Blvd.
    San Antonio, TX 78249
    sanantonio.fbi.gov
    (210) 225-6741

That's the closest field office to WIlliamson county

DoubleDuty

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Hey all,
    6. Account for firearms

Thanks
    Looks like your only alternative is to let Dementia Joes puppeteers know about it. They are hot on shutting down FFLs and don't give a shit about following the law or Constitution.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …Theft of a gun and transporting stolen property between states is under 18 U.S.C. and under the jurisdiction of the FBI. Not sure how much of this is accurate…
    18 U.S.C § 2314 deals with “transportation of stolen goods, securities, money, fraudulent state tax stamps, or articles used in counterfeiting.”

Needs to be valued at $5000 or more to be a federal offense. FBI primarily, but other fed agencies have jurisdiction as well.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
    silencers
    third coast
    DK Firearms
    Tyrant Designs
    Every Day Man
    Shroud
    Shroud
    Smith Sights

Forum statistics