• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbr24

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    Austin
    I've got a few guns on my wish list and I was wondering if buying them used on here is a good idea? This is probably a dumb question but I dont really like the idea of buying used guns especially when theyre close to new but the price is slashed because it makes me think theres something wrong with it. Does anyone have any info for me to make sure I make a good buy when/if I decide to buy from someone on here? Thanks for the help.
    Military Camp

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Hi Jeremy,

Look at the number of posts the seller has. A high number means he has been a member of the group for a while and a guy like that isn't willing to misrepresent something he is selling or doing something illegal. I'm not saying that a small number means the seller is a crook just that a reputation for being honest goes a long way with this group and that takes a while to earn. You may see a low post seller with no responses. The guys aren't willing to try him.

Another test is the "feedback" score. When a buyer is happy, he posts a positive feedback score. Go to the sellers profile and find the feedback tab. If there's a hit on someone being a turd to deal with, that info gets around fast. Feel free to check mine. I've actually pulled an item from sale when I made a mistake rather than to have someone think I was pulling something on a buyer.

Hang around and get to know us. Be prepared to get picked on and razzed. When they pick on you....they like you!

Flash

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Great advice from Flash, I would only add that I would prefer to buy from folks on here than from other sites. I've picked up some outstanding deals (a PSL and AKMS most recently) and an added benefit was meeting some great folks in the process!

About the only down side is that you have to be quick, as good deals tend not to last too long! But as for confidence in the seller, as long as they've "established" themselves on here I don't see any reason to be wary!

Cheers! M2

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    There will always be an exception to the the above rule, but for the most part everyone I've met on here buying and selling has been a pleasure to do business with. Use good judgement when meeting someone for the first time, and listen to your gut! Other than that, it's a good group of people..

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Ignore 'em Jeremy - you should ALWAYS buy new guns!!!

<'cuz then when ya go ta sell 'em, I'll get 'em at a discount!>

Seriously, though....would you buy a used hammer if the price was right? I know I would - after all, a well-made tool will usually last a lifetime - so will a gun!!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    They must really like me!

Well....there are exceptions....
    th_stirpot2.gif

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Communication is essential and close to that timeliness in a transaction.

Take a good close look at the condition of the gun. Don't buy something if you see conditions aren't as expected. Jump on a good deal FAST here on this board. The get swiped up here in an hour or so.

jbr24

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    Austin
    thanks for all the tips. hopefully ill have enough money soon to make a purchase and if i do get screwed now i know who to blame

samloopy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    catarina
    man i have found a few to add to my collection over the last 2 years here . every transaction has been enjoyable now the other site "texas gun trader" i have ran in to some scarry flakes so even in a comunity like this id use caution meeting anyone the first time lol but yeah like the gang said these guys seem A+ to me

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Great advice from Flash, I would only add that I would prefer to buy from folks on here than from other sites. I've picked up some outstanding deals (a PSL and AKMS most recently) and an added benefit was meeting some great folks in the process!

About the only down side is that you have to be quick, as good deals tend not to last too long! But as for confidence in the seller, as long as they've "established" themselves on here I don't see any reason to be wary!

Cheers! M2

Oh, the irony!

5 Screw Smith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Atascosa Co.
    Ignore 'em Jeremy - you should ALWAYS buy new guns!!!

<'cuz then when ya go ta sell 'em, I'll get 'em at a discount!>

Seriously, though....would you buy a used hammer if the price was right? I know I would - after all, a well-made tool will usually last a lifetime - so will a gun!!

I have a used military contract hammer I'll sell you but it's not cheap. I'll even throw in some nails.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom