• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    I am 19 and about to buy my first gun within the next couple of weeks, I grew up around guns and have a couple that I was giving, but now I want one that is all mine, a Mossberg 500 that is at my local Gander Mountain

What can I expect? like fees and checks?
    I have had a couple of background check over the past 2 years for my Job and school, so i know I am good there.

After I do buy it is there something I should do for myself? besides the obvious of practicing using it.

And...

I saw something in the classifieds about AIM Surplus for a cheap mosin, Always wanted one, but when I got to the site I saw the thing about FFL Dealer/03 Collector Sales Only. I am still learning about all the laws and such, so can someone explain this to me? Cause I would really love a Mosin.

Has anyone bought from AIM surplus? and I assume you are able to shoot the mosin?
    Gun Zone Deals

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    When you buy a gun on the internet, or mail order, or whatever, it has to be first shipped to a gun dealer local to you, and once the dealer has the gun you ordered you will have to fill out a form 4473 and the dealer will perform the background check. That usually takes less than 15min and if everything checks out, you leave with your gun. It's pretty simple really. The dealer will charge you a transfer fee, usually around $20. Any dealer should be familiar with what you want to do, just ask around. Also, read AIM's FAQ: How do I buy Firearms?

I bought a Mosin from them awhile back and it shoots great. I even have a Mosin built in 1898 that still shoots... They are neigh indestructible.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I'd google FFL's in your area and call them. A lot of these guys don't have the overhead that the bigger stores do. Just my experience.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    ok thanks, if i decided to buy a mosin from AIM, would i just go to the FFL and say I would like to buy one from AIM or what?
    Nothing wrong with Aim Surplus.
    I have bought more than a few times from them.
    If you like the deal ~ feel confident to do business with them.
    Just buy the gun by either calling them or placing an online order.
    Then inform them on which FFL to send it to.
    They will usually contact the FFL for his info if not on file.
    Nothing more for you to do except wait for it to arrive and go see your FFL when it does.
    Enjoy.

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Thanks sms, I was confused on do i need to order from AIM and tell them who to send it to, or if i needed to go to a ffl and ask them if they would order a gun for me from AIM and then transfer.

So once I find a FFL with a good transfer fee Ill just have to give AIM a call.

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    Arrange the FFL first and then order from AIM. They'll send it to the FFL (they'll ask for the name and address from you when you order, so have it available). Then the FFL will call you when it is in and you'll do the paperwork with them.

All pawnshops have FFLs and the one by me does transfers for $20. You might want to check those type of places.

Top Bottom