Join TexasGunTalk

Buy-Back Program GOOD DEAL for many

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by Ole Cowboy, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Gilbertc13

Gilbertc13 Active Member

Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Go watch the royal nonesuch video on full30. His gun buyback was sketchy as hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Looked it up... Just realized that full30 desperately needs a playback speed function.

3. Gilbertc13

Gilbertc13 Active Member

Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Yes. Not as intuitive as YT but full30 supports gun content while YT does not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheDan likes this.
  4. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Yep, I haven't looked at in awhile as they initially only allowed people to upload by invitation. Looks like maybe they changed that? I'll find out here shortly...

Gilbertc13 likes this.
  5. justmax

justmax New Member

Jul 28, 2019
    North Houston
    I think there is a better way to approach this. Here is what I have done several times in the past...
    1. When at gun shows, I buy every $60 or less handgun that will launch a pencil that I can find.
    2. Go to the Buy Back and get in line with at least 4 of the cheap handguns in your pockets. Strike up conversations with the others waiting in line that have guns worth substantially more than the $100 they are looking get for giving it up. (I look for pairs of women, usually over 60+)
    3. Check your phone and have an "issue" come up that requires you to leave. Offer to trade two for one, or four for two. Take those keepers back to your car, change your jacket or shirt and hat, and get four more. Go get in the back of the line. Repeat steps two and three until you run out of trade guns. Everybody wins!

I have traded a couple of Ravens for nice guns worth far more. It may seem at first that I am taking advantage of someone, but I look at it this way. That widow was willing to take her late husband's deer rifle, shotgun, or handgun and turn it over for a $100 gift card. I just doubled her income, and saved a nice weapon from being destroyed. I have gotten some really nice guns this way.

jordanmills and TheMailMan like this.
  6. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Welcome to the Forum!

Where have you participated in gun buy backs?

toddnjoyce and Southpaw like this.
  7. justmax

justmax New Member

Jul 28, 2019
    North Houston
    Atlanta, Cleveland, Akron. Went to one in Houston back in the 80s, but was asked to leave as I was buying.

jordanmills and ZX9RCAM like this.