• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    So, I'd only get 2 years out of a new truck?
    Pretty much so if you run it that hard. My F150 Platinum was bought in Jan 2013, so I've had it a few years its now up to 50,100 miles. Now I can remember my father used to clock up 30,000 miles a year in his company cars, which is why he got provided with a new one every two years.
    Target Sports

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Pretty much so if you run it that hard. My F150 Platinum was bought in Jan 2013, so I've had it a few years its now up to 50,100 miles. Now I can remember my father used to clock up 30,000 miles a year in his company cars, which is why he got provided with a new one every two years.

That’s crazy.

There are some who will trade in vehicles every few years. A small percentage of those people actually have them paid off, most just end up rolling debt in to the next vehicle.

I would personally never buy a vehicle with that kind of mileage limitation. Maybe it’s due to the number of miles people in the US normally put on vehicles, but I’m in the “drive it till the wheels fall off” camp and that should be at least 175k with no major failures (engine/transmission).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I find it funny how they are doing this promotion. A $400 voucher for a rifle but if you don't want the voucher they will take $400 off the vehicle price.

The math just doesn't support the incentive but I guess it puts their name in the headlines.

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    That’s crazy.

There are some who will trade in vehicles every few years. A small percentage of those people actually have them paid off, most just end up rolling debt in to the next vehicle.

I would personally never buy a vehicle with that kind of mileage limitation. Maybe it’s due to the number of miles people in the US normally put on vehicles, but I’m in the “drive it till the wheels fall off” camp and that should be at least 175k with no major failures (engine/transmission).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking about this a bit more, there are I suppose some factors that might make a difference, 1. Engine sizes on the other side of the pond were until recently significantly smaller than over here thus smaller engines tended to be run at higher RPM more often. 2. Automatic transmission has always been rare over there (you generally have to pay extra for it) even today probably on 10% of vehicles have it. thus clutches tend to be hammered a lot. 3. Driving conditions mean that you tend to spend a lot of time doing heavy acceleration and braking, I hardly ever found conditions where it was worth engaging the cruise control (I often wondered what the point of the cruise control was it completely redundant, of course over here I use it a lot). This is to be expected I guess when you have more than 20 million motor vehicles in an area of land smaller than the state of Idaho.

Top Bottom