Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I salute them for their support of the 2A, but if you pay 50-60k for a new F150, $400 is not much incentive. It should at least be Daniel Defense or BCM :)

I will have you know my Ford Explorer made it 80,000 miles before the engine blew. At 110 the Tranny gave out and at 160 the second tranny went and she was sold for scrap. That’s quality right there.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    MW,

What year and how much did it cost?

I had an F-150 years ago (89) lasted 110,000 miles before the transmission shit the bed.

There are no Fords in my future.

Oh, I paid $12,000 for it new.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I will have you know my Ford Explorer made it 80,000 miles before the engine blew. At 110 the Tranny gave out and at 160 the second tranny went and she was sold for scrap. That’s quality right there.

Losing an engine at 80K and transmission at 110...that’s why I wouldn’t buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    MW,

What year and how much did it cost?

I had an F-150 years ago (89) lasted 110,000 miles before the transmission shit the bed.

There are no Fords in my future.

Oh, I paid $12,000 for it new.
    2097. 4.6L V6. $30,000. That was a bad engine and particularly a bad year for them. The new engine ran strong. New tranny, not so much.
    but I bet the AR would be fine. Ford doesn't make them.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    05 Armada now has 189K on it. Other than general oil and filter maintenance havent done a thing to it. No belt, plugs, hoses, nuttin. Almost runs as good as when it was new.

Last spring (reunion) had to replace a battery clamp. My bad for not keepin it clean.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Hhhmmm, given I hate messing with replacing belts, hoses and all that jazz, as soon as it's cooler, I'm bring my 2010 Tundra in to be evaluated for what may need to be replaced. I think 10 years without a single hose or belt, etc. being replaced is as about as much sweet as I care to chew out of this gum......

Years ago, I had radiator hose blow on Hwy 59 in Houston. I made it into the parking lot of a nearby auto parts store. Fixed everything pronto, but man I was shittin little green squealing worms when it happened.

RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    That’s a dealer promotion, not a Ford promotion.

Probably need to AR to fend off hogs and shit while walking home after your new truck breaks down.

Spoken like a true Chevy
    /GMC man.

If you’re a Dodge man, I take all that back! Lol

Noggin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2016
    I find it interesting that you guys seem to expect 100,000 miles plus out of a vehicle. On the other side of the pond (pretty much regardless of country of origin or manufacturer) we think any vehicle that has done more than 60,000 miles is living on borrowed time, little more than scrap. Thus if you got a company car as one of the perks of your job it would generally be replaced every 2 years.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I find it interesting that you guys seem to expect 100,000 miles plus out of a vehicle. On the other side of the pond (pretty much regardless of country of origin or manufacturer) we think any vehicle that has done more than 60,000 miles is living on borrowed time, little more than scrap.
    So, I'd only get 2 years out of a new truck?

Top Bottom