• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Finally back to basics. I have been waiting for a true A2 carbine rather then all these damn rails all over AR's now. This will be my last AR purchase before Beto comes knocking on my door to "buy it back" from me.

ARJ Defense ad

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I mean, A2's are neat from a nostalgia standpoint, but you are better served by going with an A1 upper (or C7) or juat going with a flat top upper.

I'd also personally rather build my own than get a bushmaster

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    My first AR was a Bushmaster XM-15 M4A3 Patrolman's carbine that I bought in Nov 2014. I've only got 800 rounds through it, but it has been trouble free. I have changed a few things on it tho. I took off the removable carry handle, installed a red dot sight, installed Magpul FDE furniture, replaced the OEM BCG with a PSA premium BCG, installed an ALG Defense (QMS) trigger and JP Enterprises enhanced reliability spring kit, installed a BCM 4b charging handle and installed an H2 buffer.

It was $600 for the rifle, but I've got right at $1100 invested in it. Oh well, I enjoyed doing it.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    My first AR was a Bushmaster XM-15 M4A3 Patrolman's carbine that I bought in Nov 2014. I've only got 800 rounds through it, but it has been trouble free. I have changed a few things on it tho. I took off the removable carry handle, installed a red dot sight, installed Magpul FDE furniture, replaced the OEM BCG with a PSA premium BCG, installed an ALG Defense (QMS) trigger and JP Enterprises enhanced reliability spring kit, installed a BCM 4b charging handle and installed an H2 buffer.

It was $600 for the rifle, but I've got right at $1100 invested in it. Oh well, I enjoyed doing it.

BM BCG's aren't too bad, but you'll want to re-do the gas key and replace the extractor spring with the propper version for whatever setup you have

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    BM BCG's aren't too bad, but you'll want to re-do the gas key and replace the extractor spring with the propper version for whatever setup you have
    Okay, I understand what you mean about the gas key, not sure what you mean about the extractor spring. Would that apply to PSA's BCG extractor spring too?

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Okay, I understand what you mean about the gas key, not sure what you mean about the extractor spring. Would that apply to PSA's BCG extractor spring too?

Depends, most companies ha e the standard extractor spring, standard insert, and o ring. Theres some debate about inserts, but they're pretty much all GTG, IME

If you have a 20" ar, all you want to use is the standard spring, and insert

If you have, say, a 16" or less upper, the best solution is an enhanced extractor spring and insert, though a standard spring, insert and O ring will work, its a bandaid fix.

I reccomend the BCM extractor kits

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I reccomend the BCM extractor kits
    I did actually get a BCM bolt rebuild kit for the bolt that came with my PSA AR. I can't remember now if it was the extractor or the ejector pin that chipped. I started getting several FTEs per magazine. Anyway, replaced both and that fixed it.

Top Bottom