• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    So like the title says, I burned out my maglite and I need to replace the bulb. If I want to find one locally here in waco where should I look?

I have also seen LED maglites around, Is there a way to convert my Maglite to LED???
    Venture Surplus ad

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    I'm sure you have an extra bulb. They all come with one in the end cap. Look under the foam. Every Homer and Lowe's has extra bulbs.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I found a 700 lumen conversion kit for $72. I think im gonna go that route.

I like the toughness of my maglite. I have a streamlight TLR-2 and it is the brightest mofo flashlight I have ever owned and it says 130 lumens. So.... If the mag will have 700 of them by my math that is like 5 times brighter than that bright ass TLR.

Am also doing a 150 lumen led kit for my mini mag. @ $18

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Terralux drop in for the maglite is a great LED replacement that is decently priced. If you really want to drop some coin, look into Malkoff drop ins. You can make a maglite amazing with a little know how.

stay away from those Niteize ones though.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I ordered the terralux 700 lumen system. It has 3 settings. The dimmest lasts 8hrs and is actually brighter than the standard maglite. If I chose to burn someones retinas and dump all my batteries in an hour, I CAN! I think we have a winner here.

WadeP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    San Marcos, TX

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Got the terra lux kit... Gotta say its awesome. Definitely the brightest option for a maglite. The dimmest setting is brighter than the standard bulb and lasts longer. I also have a really bright setting that will give you welders flash if you look strait into it. But what can i say im a guy there was no stopping me from looking at it.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Got the terra lux kit... Gotta say its awesome. Definitely the brightest option for a maglite. The dimmest setting is brighter than the standard bulb and lasts longer. I also have a really bright setting that will give you welders flash if you look strait into it. But what can i say im a guy there was no stopping me from looking at it.
    well its no where near the brightest option, but it is a reliable alternative. glad it worked out for ya.

now get some pics of it.

Top Bottom