• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I remember driving by that Bun N Barrel, but I can't remember ever eating there.

I grew up on the southeast side of San Antonio, only a couple miles from the original Bill Millers on what I think was then Dauchy Rd, now Biller Miller Lane.

I remember that old store well, we ate from there often. We thought the BBQ was great! Take your own gallon bottle and get a gallon of tea or homemade root beer...

Another place, just a block away, was Floyd's Dairy Bar; five hamburgers for a dollar!

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I remember driving by that Bun N Barrel, but I can't remember ever eating there.

I grew up on the southeast side of San Antonio, only a couple miles from the original Bill Millers on what I think was then Dauchy Rd, now Biller Miller Lane.

I remember that old store well, we ate from there often. We thought the BBQ was great! Take your own gallon bottle and get a gallon of tea or homemade root beer...

Another place, just a block away, was Floyd's Dairy Bar; five hamburgers for a dollar!
    When I was a kid we hardly ever went out to eat. Occasionally to Frontier Drive in or a place called Christies Seafood on Broadway.

In HS I was working at Handy Andy and had money and started expanding my horizons I discovered other places including Bun N Garrel.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    My parents liked B&B when I was a kid. I didn't much like it. As for Bill Miller's, I think it was the second restaurant of theirs that opened at West Avenue/Jackson-Keller about 1965. Was about a mile from where we lived, and we got take out fairly often.

Reactions: gll

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    When I was a kid we hardly ever went out to eat. Occasionally to Frontier Drive in or a place called Christies Seafood on Broadway.

In HS I was working at Handy Andy and had money and started expanding my horizons I discovered other places including Bun N Garrel.
    My mother waitressed at Christies for a time, also Capt Jim's, the Pig Stand, the Farmer's Daughter, the Golden Stallion and several other places I can't think of just now... That was after her day job, so though she cooked supper most days, we got take out more often than most.

Then, we almost always went out to eat on Sundays with my Dad, usually Luby's or Pan American.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio

I worked for Handy Andy as well, started as a package boy at #26 on West Avenue, worked my way up, ended up as manager at #10. Saw what a clusterf**k they were becoming, upper management making all the wrong decisions. Walked away from them. Sure glad I did before the bankruptcy and closures!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Bill Miller's isn't the worst bbq I have ever eaten. But it is in the bottom two.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I worked for Handy Andy as well, started as a package boy at #26 on West Avenue, worked my way up, ended up as manager at #10. Saw what a clusterf**k they were becoming, upper management making all the wrong decisions. Walked away from them. Sure glad I did before the bankruptcy and closures!
    'Bag Boy" at Austin Hwy. location senior year. $1.25/hour.

Top Bottom