• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You don't remember correctly. The NRA didn't "not really fight.". Marion Hammer (and what she says is, by default, the official NRA position) jumped out ahead of the issue and issued a statement that bump stocks were machine guns and should have never been legal. She did that long before there was any strong move towards a ban. That statement paved the way for the ban, making it not only possible but easy.

The NRA threw bump stocks under the bus well before they had any reason to, failed to leverage the issue for any gain, and overall demonstrated a shocking anti-2A attitude as well as total political ineptitude.

I'll argue for the NRA under many circumstances but, in this case, phuck 'em.

Yep, and then they tried to backtrack on it.

The fact that they weren't involved at all with getting this case into a court says a lot about them.

This case was brought by Gun Owners of America (GOA), Gun Owners Foundation (GOF), the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL), Matt Watkins, Tim Harmsen of the Military Arms Channel, and GOA’s Texas Director, Rachel Malone.
    Target Sports

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    You don't remember correctly. The NRA didn't "not really fight.". Marion Hammer (and what she says is, by default, the official NRA position) jumped out ahead of the issue and issued a statement that bump stocks were machine guns and should have never been legal. She did that long before there was any strong move towards a ban. That statement paved the way for the ban, making it not only possible but easy.

The NRA threw bump stocks under the bus well before they had any reason to, failed to leverage the issue for any gain, and overall demonstrated a shocking anti-2A attitude as well as total political ineptitude.

I'll argue for the NRA under many circumstances but, in this case, phuck 'em.
    Wow, it's worse than I thought.

I need to start donating to GOA.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Yep, and then they tried to backtrack on it.

The fact that they weren't involved at all with getting this case into a court says a lot about them.

For those ignoring her, Rachel is effective...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    For those ignoring her, Rachel is effective...
    Because she's hard to ignore.

I strongly recommend to everyone that if you get a chance to take her "How to Lobby the Texas Legislature" class, do it. It's free but I would have paid good money for the great info I got from it.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I can see the bodies(bumpstocks that is) rising back up from boating accidents after the news!
    FB_IMG_1617296357782.jpg

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    U.S. Military Court Declares Bump Stocks Are Not Machineguns!!!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    U.S. Military Court Declares Bump Stocks Are Not Machineguns!!!

The Navy Marine Corps Court of Appeals opinion can be found here:

U.S. v. ALKAZAHG Case No. 202000087

Chiefly, the court holds the Rule transforms “by a single function of the trigger” to “by a single pull of the trigger” and that’s changing the law. They go on to state that, while they don’t have to address automatic vs semiautomatic re: bumpstock, they would.

“Any actions beyond that of the initiation sequence—pulling the trigger—expand beyond the ambit of the common understanding of “automatically.” It is incorrect to equate the holding of the trigger in an automatic weapon with the holding of the trigger and the forward motion in a semi-automatic weapon equipped with a bump stock. “

Reactions: gll

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So says a panel of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.

Some of you folks may need to go buy some SCUBA equipment.

To be clear, this is not final Case law, as case is headed back to the lower court.

and now the ruling is final (8-8 leaves it intact). Only SCOTUS can overturn now.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I mean for monetary compensation. At least two businesses were completely destroyed, plus all the individual owners who were never compensated for loss of property.

Top Bottom