• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The need for a ballistic helmet is limited to certain contingencies, the majority of which most civilians will never encounter.

The same holds true for body armor.

Preppers continue to amuse me with their claims such equipment is vitally necessary...
    Apparently you hadn't heard Biden throwing down the gauntlet.
    ARJ Defense ad

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Iffin youre going to wear a helmet a ballistic one is a really good choice as it offers a LOT more protection without much if any weight penalty vs a non ballistic helmet. $$ matters though and I go for good soft armor first, then figure out if you want a helmet or plates next.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    I was looking for a cooler and more stabile platform for my PVS-14. Having been gifted an old PASGT with the ratchet mounted shroud was just a learning thing. My PVS-7B was old technology as was helmet. Even with upgrades to the suspension system it sucked as far as heat and stability.

Like I have said my Team Wendy was bought on the advice of TNVC for the purposes intended, not expecting feral hogs shooting back!

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Hahahahaha. Awesome reply. Check out Armor Express gear. I am the Texas Territory Manager and I can help you with a professional quality bump helmet.
    yes sir, the thread is almost a year old so I already have one.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Got this thank you note and patch from HHV today. Nice touch!

20210629_114716[1].jpg

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    The need for a ballistic helmet is limited to certain contingencies, the majority of which most civilians will never encounter.

The same holds true for body armor.

Preppers continue to amuse me with their claims such equipment is vitally necessary...

Yep, we all have to make decisions for ourselves and pay for it ourselves. I keep a plate carrier next to my bed, likely to never use it. My sister had a home invasion and was lucky enough to evade them.

I had a crazy situation when I was younger with meth heads that terrorized us for months. They would slingshot rocks at our house and sink back to the woods when the cops came, watching their every move. They tried to break in when we were sleeping. This went on for a long time and has stuck with me. A pissed off cop finally dealt with it the old way and pulled the obvious suspects over one day. He slammed them against their van, and said if it didn't stop, he'd find something to pin on them. It never happened again.

I leave nothing to chance, chance doesn't give a damn when it happens to you. Insurance isn't for the likelyhood, it's for a possibility even if rare or unlikely.

Last edited:

James1979

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2021
    San Antonio
    Yep, we all have to make decisions for ourselves and pay for it ourselves. I keep a plate carrier next to my bed, likely to never use it. My sister had a home invasion and was lucky enough to evade them.

I had a crazy situation when I was younger with meth heads that terrorized us for months. They would slingshot rocks at our house and sink back to the woods when the cops came, watching their every move. They tried to break in when we were sleeping. This went on for a long time and has stuck with me. A pissed off cop finally dealt with it the old way and pulled the obvious suspects over one day. He slammed them against their van, and said if it didn't stop, he'd find something to pin on them. It never happened again.

I leave nothing to chance, chance doesn't give a damn when it happens to you. Insurance isn't for the likelyhood, it's for a possibility even if rare or unlikely.
    Truth. That is exactly what I tell the LE guys I work with. It is the same reason I don't go anywhere without at least a pistol.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, just when I thought I was done, I found a set of Smith Boogie SOEP goggles at an outstanding price!

1627084277726.png

The specs per Smith:

This goggle is designed as our lowest profile goggle, and the lowest profile goggle on the market. When it comes to fitting under night vision systems, the Boogie is unbeatable!
    • Special operations eyewear package authorized
    • Slotted ventilation technology
    • Lenses meet US MIL-DTL-43511D goggle impact level clause 3.5.10
    • Smith's uncompromising optical quality
    • Durable 35 mm woven strap
    • Exterior hard coat for increased scratch resistance
    • Anti-fog inner coating for fog mitigation
    • Each color also available in Gray and Ignitor lens tints
    • 100% protection from UVA/B/C rays
    These MSRP for $90, but I paid a fraction for mine. Sorry, no more were left! :( :( :(

Now I need to score a set of the bump helmet adapters cheap!

1627084385923.png

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom