• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmcpmi

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    I was thinking Sunday after lunch.... I will be shooting anyway so if ya'll are so inclined... I will go by Red's and pick up some targets this week. MG
    Looks like I had better dust off the .45 acp press....just so happens I just aquired a couple pounds of Bullseye powder...

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Rules of the Match

Alan if I got anything wrong here feel free to slap me once or twice!

********************* Shoot Rules***********************
    Total 20 rounds
    5 @ 3 Yard
    5 @ 7 Yards
    5 @ 15 Yards
    5 @ 25 Yards

No contenders or other rifle rounds in pistol grip configured guns.
    Center fire pistol or revolver only.

Any sight configuration i.e.: iron , scope, halo, red dot, etc....
    One or two handed your preference
    Standard LEO B27 target

Weekend of the 28th – 29th shoot starts and scores need to be in to Alan before next match begins 30 days later.

Rules subject to change as more teams and shooter come on line.

************************** End**************************

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    The way I read it, ANY centerfire round...I have a carbine in .45 acp. I would doubt that would mean I couldn't shoot my 1911...MG

Pistol or revolver!!
    Must be of standard pistol / revolver design.
    No carbines, cut down pistol grip rifles, etc.....

Let's not complicate this. We all know with common sense what standard pistol / revolver means.

usmcpmi

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Also... X,9,8,7 all score their value. All shots under "7" are "0". Rounds "on the line" between rings will be scored to whatever side shows the most penetration....to be scored by Admin. when turned in for score. MG

Big country

TGT Addict
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Sorry guys I'm out.:( I have way to much on my plate right now with my wedding so close. I'll get in on the next one. So good luck to all the guys and gals participating this go round, But DFW I'm going to talk sooooooooo much shit when ATX wins. Good luck to all and above all have fun shooting things.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Sorry guys I'm out.:( I have way to much on my plate right now with my wedding so close. I'll get in on the next one. So good luck to all the guys and gals participating this go round, But DFW I'm going to talk sooooooooo much shit when ATX wins. Good luck to all and above all have fun shooting things.

Yeah, yeah, yeah BC after the "I DO"s" the only thing you will be saying is "yes-um my dear - yes your are correct my dear"

usmcpmi

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    OK everyone, if you have not noticed, the match rules have been posted. Like I had said in the begining they have changed somewhat. The main thing I see is that the targets are HUGE!! I had wondered how some of the novice shooters would react to the targets at 25 yards, but there should be no problem seeing that thing! I picked up 20 today at Red's, for this Sunday. So ATX members if you are sitting around bored out of your mind on Sunday, P/M me... I'll be shooting...trying to get the rust off of my trigger finger..... MG

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    OK everyone, if you have not noticed, the match rules have been posted. Like I had said in the begining they have changed somewhat. The main thing I see is that the targets are HUGE!! I had wondered how some of the novice shooters would react to the targets at 25 yards, but there should be no problem seeing that thing! I picked up 20 today at Red's, for this Sunday. So ATX members if you are sitting around bored out of your mind on Sunday, P/M me... I'll be shooting...trying to get the rust off of my trigger finger..... MG

USMC keeping in the theme of SD training those targets IMO are best suited and you are correct about the novice shooter. This gives then a larger X ring area compared to a lot of the true bulls-eye style targets.

Ok. now that I said that, the truth is some of us old farts can't see so good any more. - LOL!!!!

This is the 1st time and close to 15 years I've done any type of competitive shooting. I remember the 12x12 inch targets with a center ring about the size of a 50 cent piece. At 25 yards out the center rings with irons sites took some skills to hit consistently on a the shot timer.

Can't wait to see the results of all this
    Seems everyone is excited and a lot of good ideas are coming out of it.

usmcpmi

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Mo, I know whay you mean... At 42 my arms were no longer long enough to read anything. First time I had ever needed glasses to see! Now almost 8 years later Seems like I'm blind without them. The next step is tri-focals...When you are young you want to be older, then when you get there you realize how foolish that was...MG

Top Bottom