• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brassguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 15, 2017
    Wichita Falls
    Has anyone here used the Controlled Chaos solid copper bullets made by Lehigh Defense for Hogs? If so, how did you like them? I was thinking of loading some up in my .308 but before I spent the money and time, wanted some first hand reports.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    They do exactly what the manufacturer claims. Penetrate and detonate. You won’t get any better blood trails, as the damage is largely internal, but if they go off in the boiler room you won’t have to walk as far to find the wreck.

Just don’t accidentally use one on a deer you want to eat.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    No reason to buy bouquet bullets for pigs.

^^^^^^This right here ^^

I have relied on Hornady SP or SST bullets for blasting hogs. Very accurate bullets and make headshots pretty easy.

I seem to remember seeing something about Bill Wilson using the CC bullets on hogs before he made up his mind to purchase the company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    I generally shoot center of mass on pigs, as I want to get a few down. The CC ensures that I'm inflicting maximum chaos in the body cavity. Not unusual to hit heart, lungs, and liver with a solid hit since the petals scissor everywhere. Meat hunting, a hit behind the ear cuts a lot of nerves.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Has anyone here used the Controlled Chaos solid copper bullets made by Lehigh Defense for Hogs? If so, how did you like them? I was thinking of loading some up in my .308 but before I spent the money and time, wanted some first hand reports.
    I have killed literally hundreds of hogs using Wolf steel cased bimetal 55 grain bullets so I would venture to guess the Lehigh rounds will make them dead as well. Just be a bit more expensive.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    Ditto for Hoji above.
    Also, it depends on whether or not you are harvesting or just killing. I like to harvest a nice chote if I can, then dump the mag on the ass ends of the fleeing pod. They can go somewhere else to die. It isn't sporting but they are just hogs.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Shot placement trumps all.

Hogs vitals are not in the same place as a deer. They are usually very motivated to run if it's not a CNS hit, even if it's a solid heart/lung hit that will kill in just 10 or 15 sec.

I hunt hogs with a 5.56 most of the time.

FMJ ALL THE WAY! (Or whatever shoots well for you)

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    168 amax is a good one as is the 150SP. It's texas, any LEAD bullet will do fine. My load now is 110 vmax in BO.

Top Bottom