• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Man I had a BLAST. So my sons, 5 and 3 helped me on this build. I actually let them do more than one would think for that age and they did it WELL.

I polished all of the parts and checked for fitting, individually, before installing. There was a LOT of "custom fitment" work that went into this build. I've sanded parts on the frame to fit into standard holsters. The slide is smooth and loose and feels amazing.

Extremely happy with this and now I am addicted and am going to buy the next build's frame already.

OeGGs3Q.jpg

Here's how it looks after sanding the trigger guard to accomplish non specific holster fitment.

QHyCT0a.jpg

tEHHOGy.jpg

I actually like the look better. I suppose that I prefer the spikes being more subtle.

Next one will be a Strike 80.

Hope all is well with you all and your loved ones. God bless.

-J
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh, and one more thing. Something really strange happened when I bought the light for it. I paid for ONE, but then they just kept coming. I was sent an additional 3, all from different companies. None of the companies had a clue and didn't even show them getting sent out. All three basically said "lucky you, have at it". None of them were paid for and I didn't even visit the sites of the three who sent them for free. The receipts showed zero, as in "free", or of no cost. All three had a Chinese name in place of where my name should had been. Each company put a different Chinese name. Any idea how that could happen?
    Military Camp

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Man I had a BLAST. So my sons, 5 and 3 helped me on this build. I actually let them do more than one would think for that age and they did it WELL.

I polished all of the parts and checked for fitting, individually, before installing. There was a LOT of "custom fitment" work that went into this build. I've sanded parts on the frame to fit into standard holsters. The slide is smooth and loose and feels amazing.

Extremely happy with this and now I am addicted and am going to buy the next build's frame already.

OeGGs3Q.jpg

Here's how it looks after sanding the trigger guard to accomplish non specific holster fitment.

QHyCT0a.jpg

tEHHOGy.jpg

I actually like the look better. I suppose that I prefer the spikes being more subtle.

-J
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh, and one more thing. Something really strange happened when I bought the light for it. I paid for ONE, but then they just kept coming. I was sent an additional 3, all from different companies. None of the companies had a clue and didn't even show them getting sent out. All three basically said "lucky you, have at it". None of them were paid for and I didn't even visit the sites of the three who sent them for free. The receipts showed zero, as in "free", or of no cost. All three had a Chinese name in place of where my name should had been. Each company put a different Chinese name. Any idea how that could happen?
    Looks awesome! Let me know how that swampfox is?

braytonnolan888

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    California
    F

OeGGs3Q.jpg

QHyCT0a.jpg

tEHHOGy.jpg

-J

Damn it......Nice strapped

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    My kids order stuff all the time that morphs into twins or triplets. Its like chicom companies and amazon use the shotgun method of order fulfillment. They never charge them for it or want it back.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    So that gun identifies as a Glock but isnt one biologically

WOW! How ignorant are YOU! Learn your damn PRONOUNS! This QUEEN identifies as a cis-nine Smith & Weslock 50 calimeter pistozooka! THE SOONER YOU FIGURE THAT OUT, THE SAFER OUR SOCIETY WILL BE! Now get out of here with your black rifle privilege!

Soooome people! Hmpfff!

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I’m expecting delivery of my 7th Swamp Fox red dot sight today (a Liberty). I am very happy with mine. I’ve got a few thousand rounds on a Sentinel, and a few Liberty’s with a bit over 1000 rounds on them. Most are on 9MM’s, one each on a .40 and .45, and three on .22’s Ruger Mk 3, 4, and a Henry .22

They hold zero very well. No reliability issues. I have both the auto adjust and the shake awake models and prefer the shake awake because for me, the auto adjusting models seem a bit brighter than I prefer. YMMV

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I agree with all above, these things are good to go. The only strange issue I have is on a Kingslayer and it’s that the circle dot is HUGE. It actually is bigger than the class to some of the top and bottom is cropped. I’ve read that other people complained about it, so I guess it’s just a normal thing that some don’t like. Otherwise, I’ll be buying these for a long time. Especially with MarineGunBuilder’s coupon code, which is MGB. Last I checked, it was about 40 bucks off.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Nice! It does get addicting, I just finished up my 5th build with 2 being 17 sized and 3 19 size.
    Yea I’m technically done with my third now but ai need to get it cerakoted.

Here they are...

EB343BBB-EBD3-4C57-9815-AA2C711292F9.jpeg

It’s crazy how easily my sons are taking to this gun building. My 10 year old daughter built her first AR at 8 years. Building guns is one of the best things I think a parent can do with a child because it covers so many areas of parenting and life principles.

Here’s one I just built, but decided the slide looked better on an OEM glock frame. I’m going to get it cerakoted OD camo or gray. Not sure, but it’s definitely not done. The backstrap that brings the top of the grip out made the OEM grip tolerable.

Guess I don’t have a pic of that one. I’ll post it tomorrow.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I don't like glocks but the idea of building one with my kids is intriguing. That would be the only way to get me into a glock. Great idea and good job

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I agree with all above, these things are good to go. The only strange issue I have is on a Kingslayer and it’s that the circle dot is HUGE. It actually is bigger than the class to some of the top and bottom is cropped. I’ve read that other people complained about it, so I guess it’s just a normal thing that some don’t like. Otherwise, I’ll be buying these for a long time. Especially with MarineGunBuilder’s coupon code, which is MGB. Last I checked, it was about 40 bucks off.
    I’d call the customer service number and ask them. That doesn’t sound right…

jtw2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Cedar Creek
    Thing is that they really don't feel like Glocks and you can build it to whatever quality level you want. Still eject brass on top of your head though...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom