• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    We are at 98% and decided not to paint it. Wife is a happy camper. View attachment 262035
    I probably missed where you mentioned... are those 4x4 or 6x6? Looks nice. I have a patio extension project in mind. Wife want's wood, I'm thinking we go with concrete again (we did 180 extension off other side, cost us $1800 for a contractor to do the slab), especially with the wood costs. :/

Also, did you do the cement pour, hire a truck, use a small cement mixer? I'm just trying to decide in my head if I want to fork out $3k for the slab or get a few yards of cement from the plan for $600, or mix as I go from 60 lb. sacks.
    Lynx Defense

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Wow. That’s very nice.

My patio is facing west. And that means I get the afternoon sun going inside the house. I’m thinking of doing the same layout for the pergolas. Thinking of having some contractor do the concrete and move the sprinklers while my son and I construct the pergolas.

What’s the running cost now? Maybe Steel welded pergolas be cheaper at this pace?
    Steel is at a high cost as well.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    Posts are 4x6, beams are 2x8 and rafters are 2x6.
    7 yards of concrete with a cement buggy.
    Hired the concrete out due to a bad back and knees. $2900
    Thx. They had to use a buggy for us, due to grade from road to back of house. I've poured a set of stairs and set some posts.. all hand mixing the cement... it's no party. I'm trying to gauge if I'm insane to even consider trying the pour myself with a rented mixer if I build the forms.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Thx. They had to use a buggy for us, due to grade from road to back of house. I've poured a set of stairs and set some posts.. all hand mixing the cement... it's no party. I'm trying to gauge if I'm insane to even consider trying the pour myself with a rented mixer if I build the forms.
    I was going to do the same but just do it in sections. So not be be over worked or in a hurry due to it setting up. Maybe a section a week. But 7 yards is a few pallets of mix and a lot of work.
    I’m building a patio table with a 1 1/2” thick concrete top and just pulling those 4 - 80# bags off the rack was a bitch for me.:(

Last edited:
    Top Bottom