Build ar15 pistol from stripped lower

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
Apr 13, 2018
Palmer.
Can a state change a federal form ?
Yes. It caused a lot of negative feedback. I would buy a stripped lower just cause at times and you had to select rifle or pistol. Assuming the gender of my lower offended my anmosexuality. I believe it was only for a very short time. Don’t quote me on this but I wanna say it was Kate browns executive order? Probably explains why it was so short lived. It wasn’t valid. Im only speculating why it was short lived. I remember she had something to do with it. I don’t recall if Oregon got its own 4473 in that time but do clearly remember in the osp (Oregon state police does the bg checks in Oregon) that for that limited time it would only have values for rifle or pistol.

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
This is all jogging my memory now. In Oregon they got rid of “other”. That’s why we had to be aware of what tubes we used.
Really? They have a special Federal 4473 just for them. I dont think so Tim.

4473 is the same, everywhere. There are different language versions, but it is the same form.

You must be thinking of a state form, which has nothing to do with Federal law.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
Apr 13, 2018
Palmer.
Really? They have a special Federal 4473 just for them. I dont think so Tim.

4473 is the same, everywhere. There are different language versions, but it is the same form.

You must be thinking of a state form, which has nothing to do with Federal law.
Please read. I have another post saying I don’t know if they had another 4473. As I should have mentioned the change happened over the software used to communicate with osp. Other was removed.

Shady

TGT Addict
Aug 24, 2013
As you say no S/N no way to track it so unless you tell the person messing with you that you made it a rifle first then into a pistol or you posted in the open on the internet about making a SBR no one else can prove one way other the other what it was originally put together as.

I realize that it's not considered a gun, YET, but when you finish it out and buy the upper kit it will be, although with no SN. And could either be a pistol or rifle.

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
Please read. I have another post saying I don’t know if they had another 4473. As I should have mentioned the change happened over the software used to communicate with osp. Other was removed.
You read. This is Texas Gun Talk. OP is in Houston Texas. Nobody here gives a shit about what the laws are in Oregon.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member