• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Most of these are available with a scope.
    And the scopes are the cheapest that they can buy in bulk. You can buy a much better scope than what comes in combo package deal.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    And the scopes are the cheapest that they can buy in bulk. You can buy a much better scope than what comes in combo package deal.
    I had one similar, a Mossberg Patriot, and it came with a Nikon scope, hardly a poor quality. Accurate, optics clear and sharp. It was a bargain.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I had one similar, a Mossberg Patriot, and it came with a Nikon scope, hardly a poor quality. Accurate, optics clear and sharp. It was a bargain.
    And when they buy scopes, it's luck of the draw as to who they buy scopes from. You got lucky to get a decent scope. And BTW, Nikon is hardly top tier. Decent, but there are much better scopes for the same price.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    I have DPMS AR10, 24" and 16" uppers. They are heavy, not a woods walking gun for us older folks. AR15 carbine isn't light either but consider recoil from a light weight bolt gun and second shot needs (like hog hunting). Shot my SIL's 308mx marlin, got the scope brow ding. Bolt gun would be good for stand deer or casual range plinking. My GS's have 243 bolt rifles, gone to ARs now. Your choice.

BillDFW12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2021
    DFW
    Alot of good options.. and Alot of budget bolts from the Big Mfg's are available in Stainless for not much $$ in upgrade. A budget/bolt in Stainless is a great value.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I have DPMS AR10, 24" and 16" uppers. They are heavy, not a woods walking gun for us older folks. AR15 carbine isn't light either but consider recoil from a light weight bolt gun and second shot needs (like hog hunting). Shot my SIL's 308mx marlin, got the scope brow ding. Bolt gun would be good for stand deer or casual range plinking. My GS's have 243 bolt rifles, gone to ARs now. Your choice.
    Daddy o I'm 60 and lazy as hell effin it ain't from a blind I ain't goin but ain't nothing like that recoil from the dpms I love it

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Savage Axis from Academy.
    I agree - a Savage Axis but would make it an AXIS XP (comes with a scope) or AXIS II XP which in addition to the scope has an Accu-Trigger (Savage's adjustable trigger). I'd pay the added bucks to get it in SS but if the bucks are a problems go for the lued version. I have an Axis XP; pretty darned good and reliabvle as far as i am cocerned. Then again., I have a Vortex scope on mine but got mine at an auction, new, at an excellent price.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I’m going to ruffle some feathers on this one. Do not buy a mossberg bolt action. Unless they drastically improved qc. Hell are they terrible. Crappy crowns, crappy bedding, questionable rifle in many ways. You couldn’t give me one.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I have one of these Savage Scout rifles. An AR10 style too, but it is heavy (now).

QTqztK0.jpg

aR3EnzR.jpg

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Please tell us more about your situation:

RA = ? Rheumatoid Arthritis ?

Hunting, defense, or range gun? If hunting, what would you be hunting?

Are you mobile or mobility restricted ?

Exactly how much could you spend ? How heavy could you carry w/o difficulty ?

Are you rural of urban ?

leVieux

p.s. In my personal opinion: "Academy" is for lawn chairs, ice chests, and Tee shirts. Gun shops are for GUNS !

Top Bottom