Budget 22 WMR Target Rifle Project.....

lightflyer1

May 2, 2015
Rifle Basix makes an adjustable sear for the Pre-Accutrigger Savage rimfires. So I'd like to go with one of those if I went with a Savage M93.

I have a Boyds stock and the Rifle Basix sear on my Savage M93 in 17HMR. Boyds has a lot of selections to choose from. I have used their stocks on three different rifles. They are pretty good stocks.

My Savage FVSR got this trigger. About 1 lb pull weight.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Apachee-Tr...II-and-model-93-with-E-receiver-/262217050044

My FVSR
mNg6aQuh.jpg

I hated the Boyds stock I bought. Very soft wood in the one I had. I like solid walnut though! Rheinland Arms stock (out of business I think). With the silencer on and some CCI standard velocity ammo it is mostly hammer fall and click and pfft. Very, very accurate too!

Attachments

Last edited:

Txhillbilly

Aug 2, 2008
North Texas
My Savage FVSR got this trigger. About 1 lb pull weight.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Apachee-Tr...II-and-model-93-with-E-receiver-/262217050044

My FVSR
View attachment 219422

I hated the Boyds stock I bought. Very soft wood in the one I had. I like solid walnut though! Rheinland Arms stock (out of business I think). With the silencer on and some CCI standard velocity ammo it is mostly hammer fall and click and pfft.
That's a badass looking little gun right there. I like it!!!

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
Jan 25, 2019
Red Oak TX
Dye, I'm going to be honest, getting the accuracy from the 22WMR I think will be harder than the 17HMR! My Savage 17HMR still has the factory receiver and barrel and have never been taken apart. Shooting a 17 HMR is a blast! The ammo is a little higher than 22WMR ammo, but still very reasonable in price. Biggest downside with the 17HMR is wind. It's very sensitive to cross wind of any kind. I have seen my bullets move as much as 8 to 10 inches at a 100 yards.

This is my Savage Model 93R17 that I customized with a Boyds stock, Rifle Basix trigger sear, and a BSA Sweet 17 in 6-18x40 scope.

ETA: For some reason, the pictures would load, but check mine out here, Post #37 has the pictures of it.

https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/any-17-hmr-fans.96623/page-4
That's a nice looking rifle. Those boys stocks are not terribly expensive. You like them I take it?

Axxe55

Professional Troublemaker
Dec 15, 2019
Texas.
That's a nice looking rifle. Those boys stocks are not terribly expensive. You like them I take it?
Thank you Dye!

I do like them. They have gone up in price since I bought the ones I have. I think they are still decently priced, but they got pretty popular, so pricing went up.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
Jan 25, 2019
Red Oak TX
Thank you Dye!

I do like them. They have gone up in price since I bought the ones I have. I think they are still decently priced, but they got pretty popular, so pricing went up.
I only did a quick look through them, but they all seemed under $200 pretty much. For a really nicely made rifle stock, that wouldn't hurt my feelings to pay. I've paid more for worse furniture in my house, so I will probably have less buyers remorse even if it's an okay stock for the price.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
Aug 9, 2013
south of killeen
Just bare in mind, they are wood and may take a little fitting. Both of mine did. I have talked to them directly as well. They recommend bedding for best accuracy. But both of mine shoot better than I do most of the time.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
The Optic Zone
DK Firearms
RPR Range

Forum statistics