• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleOBar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Lower Rio Grande Valley
    I shoot at Massey's Gun Shop and Range which is located on Boca Chica Highway about 7 miles from the beach. It a mile off the blacktop and hard against the Rio Grande River. When it rains, the road can get very slick. It is owned and operated by Larry Massey, who is a very fine guy. Several pistol and rifle ranges out there. There are weekly 22 hangun falling plate matches and periodic three gun matches. The phone number is 956-346-6950. Lots of folks don't even know it is there.
    Military Camp

DoubleOBar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Lower Rio Grande Valley
    majic .. I live in Rancho Viejo as well. The hours are from can see to can't see. I think there is a $10.00 per day charge. I pay $100 per year for a membership. From Rancho go to FM511 and take a left. Go down and cross under the overpass by the port until it dead ends into the Boca Chica Highway. That will be about 12 miles. Take a left on Boca Chica and head south toward the beach. About 8 miles past the Border Patrol check point, there will be a large round metal bouy painted yellow with a smiley face. Turn right there on Massey Lane and follow the road about 1 mile until it dead ends in front of Larry's house and you are there. All total it is about 24 miles.

Larry is a great guy but a lousy businessman. I found about the place when I bought some steel from a supplies and they asked me what i was going to do with it. I told them I was going to make some gun reloading dies. They said there was a fellow in who ran a shooting range and bought some steel to buy target frames. They had one of his freebe ball points with his phone number and web site. You can google us Massey's Gun Shop and Range and come up with his web site. Don't bother sending him and email as he never checks it.

There is also a range a few miles out of Los Fresnos on Hwy 100. It is run by Terry Vinson who the the head cheese at Vinson's Traning School in Los Fresnos. Terry is a great guy as well.

There is an indoor pistol range in Brownsville called "All American" or something like that. It is located on Boca Chica also and is operated by a security firm. Lots of Customs and Border Patrol folks shoot there. If you like indoor pistol ranges it is as good as any.

MAJIK_BONE_77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nowhere
    That's cool, I'll give 'em a cal, see if I can get a year membership, been looking for a place I can take my rifles to. I go to American Firing Range all the time, but it's only for pistols. Appreciate the info, good to meet a neighbor from Rancho!!

marks_a18138

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    edinburg
    Wow, never heard of the place...can my wife shoot her 10/22 or is pistol only. They let her shoot it at the steel matches in Pharr!
    Thanks
    Mark

Top Bottom