• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Anyone out there ever own or have experience with a Browning BAR 22? Semi-auto tube fed 22lr. Typical Browning high polish blue and walnut. They were only made for 8 years (1977-85). I haven't seen much posted on the interwebs about the BAR 22. My wife's grandfather bought one in 1978. After his passing it bounced around to a few different family members and ultimately ended up with us after we bought it from a family member that wanted to sell it to pay some bills. Fast forward to today and it's been sitting in the safe for 10 years. I thinks it's past time to take it out and run it a bit. I also noticed they are seeing healthy bids on gunbroker nowadays. I'm not selling but it's nice to know. Firearm below is not mine but is a fair representation.
    ETA: In 1982 Browning (unfortunately) went to an "alloy" receiver and a straight english stock.
    1603846358998.png
    Target Sports

Last edited:

bfm0072

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Georgetown
    Very beautiful rifle. I still kick myself in the butt for passing on a BAR in 300 Win Mag. They are very pleasing to the eye. Go and enjoy shooting it. Then let us know how it went. :)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom