• ...and so much more!
  • sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Frank59,

To quote an "old joke" about OK, the definition of a virgin in Oklahoma is: a 12YO girl who can run faster than her brothers.
    (My late father was from Delaware County, OK & he did NOT think that that "joke" was funny.)

yours, satx

I was born & raised just a couple miles North of the red river and we said these same jokes but about folks from Arkansas.

Nothin wrong with going to the family reunion to pick up chicks?

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    I would be a lot more impressed with the armed citizen having "stopped" that shooting had the armed citizen gunned down the shooter while he was engaged in shooting. Otherwise, we are left with the guy probably only going to do what he did, a not uncommon double murder suicide of love triangles. So, no indication it would turn into a mass shooting, thus far. Maybe the shooter left a manifesto saying it would be? If not, this just seems to be a public murder suicide.

This is much more unequivocal ...
    https://www.news9.com/story/38274025/police-responding-to-shooting-at-louies-on-lake-hefner
    https://oklahoman.com/article/55960...s-gunman-victims-civilians-who-ended-shooting

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I was born & raised just a couple miles North of the red river and we said these same jokes but about folks from Arkansas.

Nothin wrong with going to the family reunion to pick up chicks?

sidebite252,

I cannot tell a lie, I had a "serious schoolboy crush on" my 3rd cousin, "Peggy", when I was 14 & she was a junior in college at SMU. - At 19YO she was STUNNING in a bikini & "didn't know that I was alive."
    (She married a FB coach from the U of A & "retired to being a pampered wife & socialite" at 20.)

yours,satx

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    "The incident in Oklahoma happened less than a week after a Walmart in El Paso, Texas reopened nearly three months after a gunman killed 22 people and injured dozens more at the store in August."

AND?!

Damn I can't stand this "journalists" these days. I'm so damned surprised they haven't released an article that states:

"Woman slips on isle seven in walmart and bleeds. Blood on walmart's tile, all too reminiscent of the El Paso shooting."

Always trying to beat tragedies in the public's heads. I wonder what they could possibly be gun'n for...

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    You couldn't make up a story that would be more bizarre than that.

TxStetson,

TRUE. - That story reminds me of a comment made by Mark Twain, over a century ago: "There are many things, which if written as fiction, which would subject the author to public ridicule but nothing is so strange that it could NOT have actually happened."

yours, satx

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    upload_2019-11-19_10-46-21.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-19_10-46-21.jpeg
      upload_2019-11-19_10-46-21.jpeg
      10.1 KB · Views: 347

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    sidebite252,

I cannot tell a lie, I had a "serious schoolboy crush on" my 3rd cousin, "Peggy", when I was 14 & she was a junior in college at SMU. - At 19YO she was STUNNING in a bikini & "didn't know that I was alive."
    (She married a FB coach from the U of A & "retired to being a pampered wife & socialite" at 20.)

yours,satx
    Why You Should Marry Your Third Cousin

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

The Dan,

The author may well be correct, at least from a genetic point of view.
    (That's the reason that veteran horsemen look back into a mare's ancestry to find a stallion that may well result in a finer quality colt than either parent is. = LOOK at the predigrees of the BEST Throughbreds & see how many current runners are descended from Native Dancer & other great horses of the past.)

Btw, ONE reason that I had such a severe crush on "Peggy" was that she was so much smarter, more sophisticated & much lovelier to look at than any girls of my school were.
    (Five years later, she was still more alluring than any of the girls at our HS/college classes were.)

Fyi, I always liked "older women" until I was well into my 30s. - I won't give any information on the forum about the "LOVELY COUGAR" who captured me when I was a freshman at UT.
    (We enjoyed each other until she moved to CA & well after I entered grad school.)

yours, satx

Top Bottom