• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I'm sitting here enjoying a bowl of crackling grits with picante sauce. I didn't grow up eating them, it took moving to Texas to first have them.

Plain grits with butter really aint my thing. I thing grits need to be enhanced to make the edible. Any form of breakfast meat crumbled into them is good as far as I'm concerned. Hell a good amount of American cheese & picante sauce is a huge improvement.

I first heard of cracklin grits in the movie The Long Riders. I knew then I had to try that. I must say that I like cracklings in my corn bread too.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    3 eggs 1 large avacado, butter, milk, salt, pepper & Herdez Guacamole Sauce. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter add cubed Avacado then scramble in the eggs. Top with Herdez sauce.

I should have heated up tortillas but the stove top has to much on top of it

You should try the GOYA green salsa. Its really tasty.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You should try the GOYA green salsa. Its really tasty.
    I have not even seen Goya products sine I left Houston.

I have played around making my own salsa. I make a pretty mean Green salsa as well as a avocado salsa.

My buddy who works off shore is always going up the green salsa & tacos he ate it on. I think he's dropping a hint. The thing is he is gone more then at home. Then the fact his house is back in Houston. I'm going to have to smoke a big chuck roast the next time he's home.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You might be able to order via Amazon.

Heres the salsa verde I like.

Amazon product ASIN B071FHGPD7
    You know just about everything is available on line, but for additional cost. Most food items can be made at home for less money, very little effort & time. And the biggest plus is if your making it, it tend not to be loaded with things you struggle with trying to pronounce.

LL_Spartan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2023
    Houston
    When i've got the time in the morning nothing beats a good old fashioned biscuits and sausage gravy with a nice side of bacon and hashbrowns. Its pretty much a sunday special for me.

Top Bottom