• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Lest I fail to mention it, a broiled salmon steak with eggs to your liking with sides of: home fries with onions, and a toasted everything bagel or Enhlish muffin, either slathered in butter, is also pretty darned delicious.
    DK Firearms

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Sausage and bacon are okay for breakfast, ribeye steak is nice too but nothing beats some thick slices of Kassler liverwurst cooked in butter in a pan until brown & crispy outside. Add to that three or four loosely scrambled eggs (in butter), or sunny side up eggs, a few slices of toasted corn rye or light (color not calorie count) Lithuanian rye bread slathered in Kerry Gold butter and home fries with onions (also fried in butter) or some warm German potato salad (no mayo but vinegar and oil with onions & cukes) and that is an excellent breakfast. A real veal bratwurst (none of those Boar's Head or Johnson brats PLEASE unless butcher shop/smokehouse ones not available) added to the mix makes it so much better.

A couple of good slices of black pudding, likewise amount of white pudding slices, a couple of imported Irish bangers, a heaping helping of home fries with onions, and 3 or 4 eggs as above and you have another truly excellent breakfast.

Now thems is good eats. Of course, when out of those ingredients or steak or bacon or sausage - Spam will make do, I suppose.
    Bangers suck, phucing bread crumb sausage. Like on safari expecting you to go out on tea & rusk. Thank god for brunch 4 hours later.

Last edited:

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    71C04CDB-79D6-4912-81C1-C66924E2BBA9.jpeg
    7EC62D98-FDD1-48F8-9759-B35D1238715F.jpeg

Eating biscuits beats scratch making them. My sausage gravy was some of my best ever. I think I like Owens sausage the best.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Being a hillbilly from the mountains, I like me some country ham. A couple of weeks ago I had a hankering for a country ham biscuit. So, I go to the store to buy some country ham. None to be found. I go to other stores and even Walmart without success.

So, I called my brother back in Virginia and asked for an emergency shipment. He sent me four packs and one got fried this morning. A country ham biscuit is a glorious thing.

HB1.jpg

HB2.jpg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Being a hillbilly from the mountains, I like me some country ham. A couple of weeks ago I had a hankering for a country ham biscuit. So, I go to the store to buy some country ham. None to be found. I go to other stores and even Walmart without success.

So, I called my brother back in Virginia and asked for an emergency shipment. He sent me four packs and one got fried this morning. A country ham biscuit is a glorious thing.

View attachment 302620

View attachment 302621
    Country ham with biscuits & red eye gravy. For a lot of year we got country hams distributed to the stores. They would sit on the counter top & no one ever bought them. Eventually I'd talk them into marking them down where I would but them. lots of work in getting the salt out., but when cooked right they are vey good.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    With the wife still not eating I made a breakfast sammich. First off I like Owens roll sausage mainly because it’s cheapest.

Made 4 1/4 Pattie’s and baked them off in the toaster over, finished with a slice of yellow American cheese. Slow fried hard egg on top a butter English Muffin.

No cigarette or coffee rather small bottle of Topp Chico.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Try some Gouda cheese on that sandwich. Difference maker. The grocery deli will slice it for you.

I found some spiral cut ham from Thanksgiving in the freezer. Warmed it low and slow. Sautéed some Diced orange bell pepper and put eggs on top of those and scrambled it all. Can of biscuits.

Man that was tasty.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Try some Gouda cheese on that sandwich. Difference maker. The grocery deli will slice it for you.

I found some spiral cut ham from Thanksgiving in the freezer. Warmed it low and slow. Sautéed some Diced orange bell pepper and put eggs on top of those and scrambled it all. Can of biscuits.

Man that was tasty.
    I have smoked Gouda cheese on hand most times. This one is a wedge not the standard oblong round.

Top Bottom