• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    What is up with these guys? Anybody know?

I have bought quite a few bullets from them in the past but they seem to have disappeared. Their last Facebook post was last January and their website has a message about being down for a month for maintenance, but it's been a lot longer than that. They don't really detail their issues but at this point I think they are toast. They posted about their issues in January. Too bad, I liked their bullets and their price. Their service was iffy at times but I always got my bullets. They do show two bullets in stock. A .45 Colt bullet I have no use for and .38 wadcutters which is not my favorite .38 bullet.

"This update has been overdue to our customers. As some have realized, we are scaling back the profiles we provide on our site. And have realized the delays on your orders. It has taken us a while to realize what has been holding us back from providing quick and easy service and care to our customers. We have had way too many profiles to keep up with and are starting to cut down the list of profiles we will be producing regularly (we will list them here)."

I don't really get that, they don't seem to have any more profiles than other vendors. Oh well. Cast bullet vendors come and go. There was a guy in Friendswood that didn't make it a year. I used Dardas for a long time but they folded. For the most part I prefer to buy my bullets but I can always break out the molds.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    As for alternatives, Berry's Bullets are really good. I've bought a lot from Acme Bullets and from Black Bullets. I added links to make it easier to get to their websites.
    I've used Acme, and also SNS Casting. I just like their pricing and the fact that they are in Texas. I'll check out Black Bullets....

That didn't take long. Black Bullets does not have what I use. Guess I'll stick with SNS.

hornetguy

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Missouri Bullets is good... I've used Acme, as well.
    I mostly buy coated bullets.. with those, the diameter is not quite as important. For cast lead, I prefer at least .001 over bore diameter, with a softer lube than what most commercial casters use.

Top Bottom