Brass getting stuck in the chamber

Bradmartin78

Jun 28, 2016
Fort Worth
1. Over pressure, look at the flattened primer and where it cupped around the firing pin.

2. The chamber needs to be polished, it's rougher than a cob. Look at the circular scratch marks when you lifted the bolt.
No signs of pressure. I’m going to contact the company tomorrow about this “precision” barrel.

Reactions: gll

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
I don’t normally use primers as gauges for over pressure, unless they start falling out. But that one in the pic does look ugly. Strangle outer ring around the strike and a funny looking gouge or something next to the strike mark.

Maybe just something with the camera, but you might take a close look at your bolt face also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bradmartin78

Jun 28, 2016
Fort Worth
The ring on the primer matches the bolt face. I cleaned the ink off to show it a little better. Otherwise the primer is smooth. I think it’s a rough chamber.
I don’t normally use primers as gauges for over pressure, unless they start falling out. But that one in the pic does look ugly. Strangle outer ring around the strike and a funny looking gouge or something next to the strike mark.

Maybe just something with the camera, but you might take a close look at your bolt face also.

The ring on the primer matches the bolt face. The primers do not look or feel cratered.

I sent a couple pics to a gunsmith. He recommended returning it. Said he would have to cut the barrel and redo the chamber.
We’ll see what McGowen has to say about it.

Attachments

Reactions: gll

hornetguy

Feb 21, 2021
Allen, Texas
I think, along with everyone else, that your chamber is rougher than a cob.
Another thing to consider... it might just be bad brass, as well. I had a batch of Norma brass for the 44 mag one time that would stick, and flatten primers every time it was fired. I finally just scrapped it, and had no more issues.
But, your chamber is nasty.... I'd get that cleaned up first, and see what happens after that.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics