Join TexasGunTalk

Bracken Range 5-13-11---dont think I will be going back

Discussion in 'San Antonio' started by tdwhite03, May 14, 2011.

1. Red78

Red78 Member

Sep 27, 2010
    San Antonio
    One man's pettiness is another man's significant emotional event, I suppose. I've had no issues with Bracken, and will keep going there mainly because it's convenient. If I ever get yelled at, maybe I'll reassess.

2. KaliJuan

KaliJuan Active Member

Jan 21, 2010
    San Antonio
    Yall need to stay away from my bay, or you shall pay, just hear what I say. Or maybe I will just hang by the bay and eat some hay, what do ya say ?

:P

3. tdwhite03

tdwhite03 Member

Jan 4, 2011
    San Antonio

4. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Exactly. If you do something that customers don't like, it's major. They're going to wind up leaving.

5. lalonguecarabine

lalonguecarabine A legend in my own mind! TGT Supporter

Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    It's not a petty issue to have someone get after you in an inordinately aggressive manner about an issue which itself is petty!
    Picking up the wrong brass? C'mon!
    The way she went off on him, you'd think he just spit in Jesus's face!

There's ways to deal with people who break rules at places. And it's typically scaled according to what rule is being violated!
    Someone is unsafe and or sweeping everyone with their weapon? HELL YEAH! Get after that SOB with the wrath of god!
    Someone appears to be picking up brass that's not his? Why not walk over and remind him that such a thing is not allowed, and if he does it again he'll be banned from the range. In a calm but firm voice!

6. shortround

shortround TGT Addict

Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Yes, you'll go to Camp Bullis with your "special entitlement" that most people don't have, but continue to slam Bracken when you have never written a personal report of that range, yet only repeat hearsay.

What's up with that?

Be well.

7. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Dude - lighten up. IMO, you're creatin' more rancor with your 'tude than yer solvin'. But do as ya want...

8. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I seem to remember an old discussion on whether honey or vinegar makes better bait for catching flies...

9. majormadmax

majormadmax Úlfhéðnar

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Well, I earned that "special entitlement" by serving nearly 25 years in uniform defending this nation. If you don't think that's worthy of being able to shoot there, than that's your own "special" opinion and one you're able to spout because of my service. You're welcome.

Secondly, I have been to Bracken and wasn't impressed with the way the management treated its customers. I didn't have a similar encounter as TD, but I have had several good friends who have and I don't doubt his or their word. It's not "hearsay," it's firsthand accounts from people I know well. You, on the other hand, are just some random person I have never met, so why would I take your opinion over people I trust?

I also have stated on numerous occasions my disregard for the Bullethole, yet I know a lot of people (many of whom who are on this forum) who shoot there regularly. Oddly enough, they don't chastise me for having a differing opinion of the place. I will not shoot there, and after hearing such antics by the management of Bracken, I won't be spending any of my hard-earned cash there either. You have every right to spend yours there, but don't go lecturing me about not writing a personal report on the range (what am I, a range critic for the Express-News?!?) or claiming I am repeating "hearsay." This isn't a court of law, this is a gun forum where people are allowed to express their opinions, and if I want to share comments of those I know are truthful, than that's might right. If you have any problems with it, feel free to add me to your 'ignore' list. As a matter of fact, I wish you would; because I just added you to mine...

10. Wolfwood

Wolfwood Self Appointed Board Chauvinist TGT Supporter

May 12, 2009
    YES!!!

i kindof forgot about it, but i had an idea to have group of AR weilding mall ninjas go shooot all at once...

in light of this thread, should it be a tacticool .22 cal mass shoot?

muhuwhuwhuwhhahahahahahahaaaaa