• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nathan00campbell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2020
    Lumberton Texas
    I've bought boyds stocks a few times in the past. That said, every time i did, it took quite a bit of fitting and bedding to really be pleased with them. This time i ordered one for my year old B22FV due to not being able to hold groups off hand, AND off the bipod the same. To much stock flex. Well this time the rifle fits the stock better than it did in the OEM one. I know Boyds is under new ownership. Has anyone else noticed a recent increase in quality to them. Or did i just get a lucky perfect fitting stock. Oh and the rifle can make jagged holes at 50 yards with no wind using 30g v-max. Also the magazine fits better in the Boyds than the OEM.

NO I WAS NOT DRINKING AND SHOOTING
    the beer was no good from being forgotten in a truck for a full 97* day. So it makes for nice exploding targets lol

These photos show how well the rifle fits and the specs/price of my custom order.
    qzy0ao.jpg

nibiq8.jpg

9n4661.jpg

6b0zz1.jpg

evyjyl.jpg

ih8udg.jpg

yqvngh.jpg

tzlyg4.png

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I tried one on my FVSR and didn't care for it at all. The wood was very light and easily crushable or strip screw holes. Went to a real Walnut stock instead.

nathan00campbell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2020
    Lumberton Texas
    I tried one on my FVSR and didn't care for it at all. The wood was very light and easily crushable or strip screw holes. Went to a real Walnut stock instead.
    i had that same experience in the past, this one is not like that. Its so damn solid it surprising its wood at all. That is why i made this post. In the past they have been "good enough" stocks at an "ok" price. This one is actually impressive and feels like a quality piece. Was just looking to see if anyone else had similar experience with the recent ones vs the old ones. Especially before i buy another one for my Savage 110 hunter 7.62x39 build im working on.

Top Bottom