• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    .. the damn thing was not in firing condition, and the person behind the counter didn't let me know, and it wasn't on the tag either. I'm not sure how some of their other used/surplus guns are, but this thing had the firing pin smashed so badly forward that it might have been welded into the firing pin aperture. Now I know they have a gunsmith shop upstairs, and I imagine they inspect all the used guns they sale? If you're wondering, I did ask to inspect the firearm beforehand, but the customer service guy said he'd rather not let me.. mind you it was a Cz. 27 for only $200.00 and I thought the price was so low because of the peeling chrome, broken mag latch, and badly chipped grips... but all that was cosmetic, and not dangerous like loading a mag and as soon as it chambers it will fire out of battery. Anyways just had to rant... and this is the rant section.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Rather not let you inspect it? That's rediculous... I would have walked away at that point. Still, take it back and see how they address the issue. Just complaining about it on the internet won't correct the issue. Perhaps you can facilitate alittle training for the sales guy you were working with.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    Not worth the trouble... already have the pistol in pieces and in the process of refinishing it. Replaced the firing pin.. etc. Just had to rant to someone thats all.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    They should not have let a gun in an un-safe condition out of their hands. That's negligence, and I would raise hell about it.

I can understand not wanting to let someone take apart a gun, half the time they screw something up, but he should have at least let you look the gun over before buying it.

I've heard alot of horror stories about McBride's lack of customer service, but I have yet to run into that sort of thing there. I guess it's a mood thing.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    There is a good rule of thumb to follow in purchasing a gun: Never fall in love with the thing while you are shopping or dealing. By your description, the guns was "rode hard and put up wet." If you wanted a project, that's one thing. If you wanted a tool to depend on, it would be prudent to walk away from that piece.

Caveat Emptor....."Let the buyer beware" is the basis for sales of all used articles. Texas has some super powerful consumer protection laws and the pistol should have been in proper condition to do what a pistol should do. They were wrong on that count. But the ultimate protective device is YOU. If it looked like crap, it probably was crap. Walk away.

Flash

Top Bottom