• ...and so much more!
  • innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I had a cracked molar. Dr said it was so bad I needed an extraction. Now have the abutment. Need to get the crown. Had my procedure done on 8 Dec. $1300 is a deal

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    We're up to about 4 jaws per week these days.

Still have to wear a mask here, though. The state medical board hasn't relaxed their restrictions.

fa773fc0503a9fd63a8d727b2ef9ec9d.jpg

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Nice job. 4 a week is a lot of money coming in.

Thanks. We switched to NeoDent implants. I really like them. I have almost no problems from them. NobelActives are still popular but I have more problems with them and they cost more. I would have to charge more if I were still using Nobels. Same for Straumann BLX. I haven't used the BLX but I can't justify the cost.

NeoDent is exploding. Supposedly the fastest growing dental implant company in America right now.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Thanks. We switched to NeoDent implants. I really like them. I have almost no problems from them. NobelActives are still popular but I have more problems with them and they cost more. I would have to charge more if I were still using Nobels. Same for Straumann BLX. I haven't used the BLX but I can't justify the cost.

NeoDent is exploding. Supposedly the fastest growing dental implant company in America right now.
    The straumann blx is gimmicky crap in my opinion. I would never spend my money on it over the BLT kit. I like neodent. Nobel is my favorite only because I've been using it for 10 years. If my boss is watching, I prefer zimmer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    The straumann blx is gimmicky crap in my opinion. I would never spend my money on it over the BLT kit. I like neodent. Nobel is my favorite only because I've been using it for 10 years. If my boss is watching, I prefer zimmer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Straumann copied Nobel's Active then Nobel copied Straumann's tissue level implant. Nothing new under the sun.

Straumann bone levels are my go to for single teeth & bridges. Neodent for full arch. I have a little of other stuff just in case someone requests it.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    TX OMFS, I have a question for you. My wife has a bad infection in numbers 29 and 30, will be getting an IV antibiotic tomorrow and go on a 7-day regimen of oral antibiotic before having those teeth removed. What's the likelihood of the oral surgeon sewing up that large hole in her gums after extraction? My wife is a real wuss when it comes to pain, blood, and doctors.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    TX OMFS, I have a question for you. My wife has a bad infection in numbers 29 and 30, will be getting an IV antibiotic tomorrow and go on a 7-day regimen of oral antibiotic before having those teeth removed. What's the likelihood of the oral surgeon sewing up that large hole in her gums after extraction? My wife is a real wuss when it comes to pain, blood, and doctors.

Just saw this. If I were removing 29 and 30 I would probably place a suture between 28/29, 29/30, and 30/31 (three sutures total) to close the gums but there would still be a hole where the teeth came out of the gums. You can close those socket holes but it requires more cuts and moving tissue around a little bit.

If you mean the surgeon is going to drain an infection in the gums and you're wondering if they'll close the drain hole, probably not. We usually let the drain holes close themselves so nothing gets trapped in there.

The only reason I wait to remove infected teeth is because the patient wouldn't do it now. Sure, things may get better with antibiotics but the antibiotics won't cure it. Removing the teeth cures it. And, I've seen people get worse while they're on antibiotics.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Thanks for reply. The teeth are almost certain to be extracted. We went to 3 urgent care clinics today, including the one the dentist told us to use, and none of them do IV. I guess we will have to go to an ER and I hate to do that for something that is not an emergency.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    FYI, I called your office today. The receptionist knew nothing about TGT pricing and explained that the pricing I referenced (from this thread) were the normal everyday prices.

I was just about to start this procedure this week here in Houston, but a sinus infection has delayed me a bit. It is set to cost me nearly three times the prices you referenced, and that is without the IV sedation!

Am I missing something?

tangoparson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2017
    FYI, I called your office today. The receptionist knew nothing about TGT pricing and explained that the pricing I referenced (from this thread) were the normal everyday prices.

I was just about to start this procedure this week here in Houston, but a sinus infection has delayed me a bit. It is set to cost me nearly three times the prices you referenced, and that is without the IV sedation!

Am I missing something?

You aren’t missing anything. It is well worth the drive to SAT. The savings and the standard of care are better than you will find anywhere local.

I made the trip from dallas to see OMFS 3 times and would do it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio

Am I missing something?

Sorry, just saw this. These aren't TGT prices, they are the prices we offer everyone. In the OP I said I was releasing them to TGT first but that was in December 2020. We released them to the public in January 2021 and haven't looked back.

You aren't missing anything. We charge $1300 to place a name brand (Straumann or Nobel, personally I prefer Straumann) dental implant with a healing abutment. The price includes sedation, exam, x-ray, minor bone grafting at the time of surgery, and routine post-op care.

Cancel your appointment in Houston. It's worth a trip to San Antonio to save that much money!

Top Bottom