• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    ATT tandem switch building for central Tn, also local fiber connections.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    - Do the "reporters" think that NPD's crime scene tech "just made up" collecting "bits & pieces" of a corpse??
    (That is ONE job that I don't have the stomach to do.)

yours, satx

My dad told me stories of his time as a traffic cop in a small town where he had to pick up pieces of car wreck victims. He later was a homicide / robbery detective, and processed crime scenes.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    My dad told me stories of his time as a traffic cop in a small town where he had to pick up pieces of car wreck victims. He later was a homicide / robbery detective, and processed crime scenes.

deemus,

Presuming that what the NPD's spokesman said was fact, anybody who was collecting "human remans" at that crime scene would have needed a mop & a bucket OR a dustpan & a broom.

Fwiw, I was involved in a murder case about 2 decades ago, where we called out "extra help" to locate/recover pieces of a DB.= The killer had "chopped up" the corpse postmortem & scattered the pieces over about 20 square miles.
    FOUR fingers & 2-3 toes were placed in mailboxes, that were quite a distance from the murder scene AND an ear was "mailed to the family"..
    (The left hand & part of the right foot were never found.)

BTW, the murderer was never identified/apprehended, though there were SEVERAL people, who had motive/opportunity & were "known" to HATE the deceased.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    My dad mentioned tweezers being in play.

UNDERSTOOD.- I was never (Thank Heaven) a CST but have seen those people "collect bodily fluids" with cotton balls, tweezers & a plastic evidence bag.

Remind me to tell you, sometime, about the morning that i had to shutdown a major city street for all of "rush hour"& until almost Noon to collect all of the evidence of a convenience store robbery. = That morning, I was NOT at all popular with the commuters & the "city fathers", as it "snarled traffic" all over the "east-west morning commuter routes" from 0650-1145 hours..
    (NOCSD got over 300 phone complaints from all sorts of people, who complained that they were "stuck in traffic" & "late to work". - I also "fielded" any number of GRIPES from the Administrative Chief of the SD, asking/demanding that I "hurry up & open the street". - I, finally, said, "Chief Rudy, PLEASE call the sheriff & ask him what my orders are, as regards this crime scene." AND "No Sir, I cannot do this job any faster than I'm doing it. (pause) I could really use some extra hands, if anyone is free to come out here. - The evidence is scattered for blocks.")
    That day is NOT "one of my favorite LE memories" of my years of "being pinned to a badge".

yours, satx

Top Bottom