• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Anywhere good to get a bolt handle threaded correctly? I'd like it done with a threaded insert installed to keep the threaded portion from snapping off.

What's the turn around time for a bolt normally?
    Texas SOT

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Proper equipment is the issue I have friends with lathes but it's the bolt fixture that's needed. It's $150-300 for me to use it once. May as well just pay someone.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You don't really need a bolt fixture for this modification, unless you happen to have a lathe.

Here is how I have done them in the past. Not really any special tools that can't be sourced at the auto parts store or Lowes, or Amazon.

If you aren't comfortable with doing the job, send it here.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I'm aware of how to do it and to do it correctly and safely a fixture is needed. You also have to drill and tap it internally and add a threaded insert since R700s are known for porosity in the bolt handle.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    No, I'm getting it done the way I want it not the halfass way.

I remember back in the day when you asked a question on here and you got an answer for what you asked.

Reading comprehension is pretty important. I specified how and what area I'm looking, obviously I'm not some little kid/fudd who has no clue what's going on.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    No, I'm getting it done the way I want it not the halfass way.

I remember back in the day when you asked a question on here and you got an answer for what you asked.

Reading comprehension is pretty important. I specified how and what area I'm looking, obviously I'm not some little kid/fudd who has no clue what's going on.

I understand completely what you were saying in how to do it. But it's not needed. I was simply offering you a couple of very cost effective ways, of doing the job properly, and one, even you could do yourself. I have never seen any of those that modify bolt handles for threaded knobs do it as you are wanting it done.

I just know that I have done quite a few and never had any problems yet.

Do it your way. Whatever floats your boat. I'll refrain from offering any suggestions to you in the future.

Top Bottom