Join TexasGunTalk

Boerne Responds to Accusations of Brutality

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by TX OMFS, May 30, 2020.

1. SQLGeek

SQLGeek Wheel Gun Nut TGT Supporter

Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Well since we're breaking out the red pen, it's flout.

2. TX OMFS

TX OMFS TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    "On March 13, 2020, Governor Greg Abbott issued a proclamation, declaring a state of disaster for all counties in Texas due to the threat of COVID-19. Governor Abbott also issued a statement on March 16, 2020, granting a temporary extension to obtain initial registration, renewal of registration, vehicle titling, and renewal of a permanent disabled parking placard. Governor Abbott also granted a temporary extension for an individual with an expired 30-day temporary permit to obtain another permit or Texas registration.

The temporary waiver applies to vehicle owners in all Texas counties as set forth in the above-referenced proclamation and statement. This temporary waiver is in effect until 60 days after TxDMV notifies the public that normal vehicle registration, vehicle titling and related services have resumed. The 60-day period will be the same for all counties."

https://www.txdmv.gov/covid-19

3. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    AFAIK, that extends to drivers licenses, too. Mine expired a few days ago but the DMV isn't open for me to renew it.

I can just imagine the crush of people that will be trying to renew when they re-open. I'm not looking forward to it.

4. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    If your Texas DL, ID, CLP, CDL card or EIC expires on or after March 13, 2020, you are granted a waiver for the expiration date for 60 days after the Department provides further public notice that normal operations have resumed. You may download a copy of the Verification of Driver License Expiration Extension (PDF) notice. All local and state law enforcement officials have been notified of this expiration waiver. When the Department resumes normal operations, you will be able to renew without any penalty.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/covid-19.htm

jordanmills and Axxe55 like this.
  5. avvidclif

avvidclif Sturgis '95, RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Yep, dropped by the local tax office today to renew the registration on some vehicles. Parking lot was full, line out the door and around building. Nope, not happening today.

jordanmills likes this.
  6. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Thanks for prompting me to look at that page again. It's changed some but not, effectively, for me. I figure the first 60 days after normal operations resume are going to be a zoo.

toddnjoyce likes this.
  7. Moonpie

Moonpie U.S. Rifle M1 caliber .30 Lifetime Member

Boerne is a zoo.

8. Shady

Shady TGT Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    only if you speed

kbaxter60 and TX OMFS like this.
  9. Darkpriest667

Darkpriest667 Actually Attends

I assume it does NOT extend to LTCs?