• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Anyone use the Black Aces GT9 shotgun ammo? How did you like it? Cheap priced from Turkey.

Read some on line reviews that said their 12 GA ammo was longer and would lose capacity in shotgun tubes and would not load into shotgun magazines due to OAL.
    Figured I already have my personal defense and combat load outs, with ammo I trust, but why not get some bulk buckshot for training, testing and just in case (or trade help buddies out, like supplying police with ammo for qualifying/training Ammo shortages last time had me hooking up police with Winchester White box, but a year later I got Sig duty ammo in return).

Did this video going over it, along with fit in magazines and holders (and my new recommended shotgun placard/card). It fit and manually cycled in my shotguns and magazines fine.

Lynx Defense

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I've used it in my 590, 500 and M2. No issues. I haven't used it in awhile. I can't remember if I had capacity issues

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I haven't used the GT9 specifically but the other black aces buckshot I have was made by clever of Italy, both it and the nobel ammo I bought does run long. A federal 2-3/4" round measures at 2-3/8" unfired and the BA is a 1/16" longer. The Nobel ran longer than that. Not sure if it would limit capacity but it's possible. In an 8 shot magazine the extra 7/16" may be enough to put you 1 short.

I can tell you the black aces I have has serious thump to it. 1425fps with 1.2oz of buck. It ran my FN SLP flawlessly and I don't remember having to load one less.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I did just buy a case of jet 00 buck. Also Turkish but runs at 1350 fps. If it cycles my piston gun great, if not it will be range fodder for the pump guns. It was priced $5 less for 250 instead of 200 rounds of the GT9.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I haven't used the GT9 specifically but the other black aces buckshot I have was made by clever of Italy, both it and the nobel ammo I bought does run long. A federal 2-3/4" round measures at 2-3/8" unfired and the BA is a 1/16" longer. The Nobel ran longer than that. Not sure if it would limit capacity but it's possible. In an 8 shot magazine the extra 7/16" may be enough to put you 1 short.

I can tell you the black aces I have has serious thump to it. 1425fps with 1.2oz of buck. It ran my FN SLP flawlessly and I don't remember having to load one less.

Thanks. I think this GT9 is different than their older Buckshot that was longer and had some issues with OAL, and was like high brass loads, with buckle coating. The case it came in said Turkey, I might have to see if they made it, or just exported it.

When I was overseas (Military), I came across a few people in different countries with shotguns and all used Italian ammo. Kuwait, Iraq, Czech Republic, Netherlands, etc.

I was looking at getting some Nobel shotgun shells that were shorter to see how they cycle in different shotguns. Like 2.19” rounds. But only place I found online that had them required a signature and I horrible timing with deliveries that need signatures.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    The Nobel le loads kick like 3 inch shells. Lol. My black aces has run well but the nobel jammed up a Winchester sxp I have. Ran fine in the piston gun but it's unpleasant to shoot a lot. Fiocchi is top notch and occasionally can be found on the cheap.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Anyone have experience with Black Aces shotgun ammo? Good or bad?

A few weeks back I decided to buy a bunch of bulk 12 GA buckshot as ammo prices tend to be going up and I wanted stuff to shoot, trade, store (and higher velocity for my semi autos). Saw some cheap Black Aces GT9 ammo on sale and ordered a few boxes. Shipping said made in Turkey.

AFTER I ORDERED IT, I started researching online. Black Aces “Tactical Buckshot” had bad reviews from real people (Sponsored YT channels liked it) Through research this was made in Italy by Clever SLR, who makes good shotgun ammo to be fair. A yellow label was put on the import boxes. The hulls were roll crimped and were a nickel coated high-high brass and the loaded round was longer than standard 2 3/4” rounds.

My boxes that I tossed out, had made in Turkey on them, for the GT9 rounds, that had little real world information to be found online.

Got to test them in a few shotguns (still have try them in a Remington 1100). They worked great as far as my testing. High brass rounds,1450 fps, proper size, tight groups with good patterns.

Recoil was what to expect for the 1450 FPS. I feel they are a great buy in 200 round boxes. I do question how well they might do in Turkish made shotguns. But for my needs in quality made shotguns they held up great. Did this video below with my M4, Saiga, Steven’s, and junky Howa (it’s old and I cut the hunting barrel down and stock).

Did this video testing it in a few shotguns.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    This ammo seemed to get bad reviews from real people that used it. It’s a nickel coated high-high brass.

IMG_4039.jpeg

Top Bottom