• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    When it comes to biscuits what's your preference on them? My list in order of likes.
    1) Sausage gravy
    2) Cream gravy
    3) Real butter
    4) Butter & Cherry Preserves
    5) Butter & Strawberry preserves
    6) Butter & honey
    7) Egg Yoke

When it comes to jelly, jams & preserves I like Bonne Maman. As a kid we had Welch's Concord Grape Jelly. Seldom did we have honey on anything even though there always was honey in the pantry. We were more likely to have shit on a shingle(if dad was cooking breakfast) then biscuits with gravy.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    A truly great biscuit needs nothing but butter.

As far as something extra:
    Redeye gravy.
    Steen's cane syrup.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Biscuits! I love biscuits!

Probably one of my favorite ways is making a sausage, egg and cheese sandwich.

Red plum jelly.

Sometimes just plain with real butter.

Biscuits and sausage gravy. Or deer sausage gravy.

Biscuits with butter and honey.

Growing up as youngster, my grandmother make lots of jellies and preserves, and she made lots of homemade biscuits. I do miss my grandmother's homemade jellies and preserves on my biscuits. One of the best store bought jellies I have found are the Blackburn's. Made right here in Texas.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I can remember the biscuits my step-mom made on Saturday and Sunday mornings. She made them from scratch and made HUGE biscuits.

After breakfast when we were heading out to work on the farm, I'd grab a couple and make sausage sandwiches with them, and wrap them in wax paper to eat later for a snack.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I do like biquits with butter and honey or preserves. But......

As a breakfast meal my #! fave is:

2 or three biquits split open, sausage gravy, hashbrowns, and 4 eggs over easy on top of it all!!!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I can remember the biscuits my step-mom made on Saturday and Sunday mornings. She made them from scratch and made HUGE biscuits.

After breakfast when we were heading out to work on the farm, I'd grab a couple and make sausage sandwiches with them, and wrap them in wax paper to eat later for a snack.
    My old buddy Ralph use to make the best ever skillet biscuits. His biscuits were great with just butter. He always sent you out with a trail biscuit & any leftover meat from breakfast. While his normal biscuits were birdseed the trail biscuit was 2-3 times bigger. They were baked single in the old tin can that the blueberries for muffins came in.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Great Aunt Kate's.
    Flaky biscuits dipped in butter and baked. Then butter each half and top with chocolate gravy. Served with thick cut bacon and fried eggs.
    Getting in my way was dangerous. Only got them once a year.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I will eat a biscuit sandwich with egg, sausage or bacon, but my favorite is hot out of the oven smothered with butter and American Spoon strawberry preserves. Had some just last week.

For those of you who have mentioned other store bought preserves, I guarantee you that you will not find any better than those from American Spoon. They are in Michigan and grow most of their own fruit.

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    My grandmother would cook a roll of off brand biscuits in a round pan after melting half a stick of butter in the pan and topping each biscuit with a dab of butter. Man those were some good biscuits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom