• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    I purchased an Ohuhu bipod for my synthetic stock 10/22 (not takedown), according to the literature was directly mountable and it is not.

Apparently I need some sort of mounting lug to screw in to the stock. I'm going to a gun show tomorrow, and am hoping someone can tell me what part or device I need to look for.

A link to a product would be great.
    DK Firearms

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Probably a sling swivel stud. Just about any Walmart or Academy should have them. A drill press to drill the pilot hole helps but if you are fairly good with a drill you can do it freehand.
    A pic of the fore stock would narrow it down.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    You have a couple of options depending on how the stock is built. If it is solid then a threaded sling stud will work. If it is hollow you may need a sling stud that has a nut on the back side.

Sock Puppet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2015
    I just replaced the barrel band with one that had a Picatinny rail on it and attached the bipod to that.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Some of those come with rail adapters. Depends on if he wants to drill for the sling swivel mount. A barrel band rail would work too.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I've installed swivel studs with nuts to Hogue free floats. Cordless drill, steady hand, and a flat kitchen table. It's installed. It's a very minor operation. Practice on something before the stock. Keep it perpendicular to the surface.

If it's going into plastic. Get the set that has the front stud with nut. The rear will be a screw base. The front takes the most stress. The screw base wouldn't last as long as a mechanical bolt and nut. You'll break the stock before pulling it out and it won't be easy. Overmolded stuff, use dish soap for drill lube.

Since they come in a set. Install the rear one two. The plastic stocks are polyethylene. No glue is gonna stick to it. Thread locker or gorilla glue helps keep the rear stud from moving.

Tip of the day. Cheap Weaver scope mounts for a marlin 336 will work the same as 1" of picanny rail. One slot. Picanny bipod will attach. The mounts are around $8. Drilled out for bigger screws or bolts.

Last edited:

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    Here's what I came up with in case anybody is in the same boat as me.
    IMG_0273.JPG Two parts, a barrel picatinny mount, and a swivel stud. I actually prefer this, as it allows placement farther forward,and doesn't interfere with my hand on the stock with my hasty sling. Enjoy.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Here's what I came up with in case anybody is in the same boat as me.
    View attachment 40916 Two parts, a barrel picatinny mount, and a swivel stud. I actually prefer this, as it allows placement farther forward,and doesn't interfere with my hand on the stock with my hasty sling. Enjoy.

Your free float just went out the window. That mount is gonna stress the barrel up. On a hot day, the stock is gonna flex even more. Really throwing it off.

It can't go on the barrel. It won't shoot for $hit.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I have one mounted on a Henry survival rifle with a cantolever scope mount. It does mount farther back but is very consistant and very accurate. Unless he is trying for absolute precision, it should work for plinking. But yeah, stock mounted would be better.

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    Was in the same situation with my TD. First I put my Harris bipod on the Ruger stock and used a pencil to mark the square where the stud should go. Make sure to ornate the bipod correctly otherwise you could mount the bipod too far back on the stock. You want it as much forward on the stock as possible. Than I took a stud off my old Rem700 stock I don't use. As mentioned you can find them at local firearms/sporting stores. I than match it with a drill bit slightly smaller than the stud's threads. Using a very small drill bit I made a pilot hole for the larger bit. Once I drilled the larger hole for the stud, I screwed it in. End result below. Did the same yesterday with my new MagPul X22T stock...

15327474_10154815183422053_4441845028271629747_n_zpspmsijyna.jpg

04B655DB-B363-4FB9-B535-AD8998C0B2A8_zpsap2rpmhi.jpg

D5FDF3D5-3195-4AD6-BDC1-5F369B6BE4F0_zpswu5c536e.jpg

Top Bottom