• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I noticed yesterday that the Big Lots in Tomball has 30.05 signs up. Did not see .06 or .07, but the .05 sign is about 4' off the ground in large letters. I'm sure that'll stop people from bringing guns in...
    Hurley's Gold

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    The mall (Sunset Mall) in San Angelo has posted 46.03 signage at the main entrances but not on the shops that also are entrances to the mall. Why does a bloody mall need (or is even allowed) to post 46.03 signage?

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    The mall (Sunset Mall) in San Angelo has posted 46.03 signage at the main entrances but not on the shops that also are entrances to the mall. Why does a bloody mall need (or is even allowed) to post 46.03 signage?
    If you have your LTC, 46.03 does not apply.

(a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, location-restricted knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):
    (1) on the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private,
    unless:
    (A) pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the institution; or
    (B)
    the person possesses or goes with a concealed handgun that the person is licensed to carry under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and no other weapon to which this section applies, on the premises of an institution of higher education or private or independent institution of higher education, on any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by the institution is being conducted, or in a passenger transportation vehicle of the institution;

Reactions: gll

PracticalCarry

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Cedar Park, Tx
    I'm interested in other's views here but from what I (think) I know as an LTC instructor, the 46.03 sign is a new sign in Texas that is optional for places that are already known to us as "prohibited places" such as K-12 schools, court houses, places of execution, jails, mental wards, etc. The places, we as LTC holders should know are prohibited places. For a mall to place that on their doors is a bit of wrong sign for the wrong purpose unless there may be a school within the mall or maybe a pop up traffic court or some other odd situation. To me, the challenge of this new sign is that it's considered "optional" for the poster but thought of as a way to let non license holders that maybe did not go through a class to understand where personal weapons are prohibited. I'm using the TxHGA presentation deck and what I heard in the DPS Instructor renewal - any other instructors have a different read on this sign?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Because there’s no penalty for posting an invalid sig at an unauthorized location. The state lost all my support for following signs with the horseshît they pulled.

The only places I can’t take a firearm are listed in 46.03 and federal facilities.

Top Bottom