• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Yesterday was the perfect BBQ weather. Drink all day and grill at night. I got the chance to try out cornish game hens smoked on the egg. Freakin' delicious! An hour and a half at 350. Flip and baste with olive oil at 30 and 60 minutes. Tom Collins during the day to beat the heat and Shiners and Blue Moons to go with the little chickens.
    Texas SOT

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Expensive but worth every cent. I can't see ever grilling with anything else. Tried beef tenderloin?

Shooter McGavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Free Texas
    My smoker has fallen on hard times and I've looked at those eggs. Can you smoke on them? I've been told they're like an oven and can hold heat all day long with little help. Can you fit a decent size brisket in there?

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    My smoker has fallen on hard times and I've looked at those eggs. Can you smoke on them? I've been told they're like an oven and can hold heat all day long with little help. Can you fit a decent size brisket in there?

Definitely can smoke on them. Done several briskets myself. Love the big green egg, or other brands. Mine is a Komodo Joe. Just like the big green egg, but a little less cost.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    .................. Tom Collins during the day to beat the heat...................

Tom Collins, WOW. Did not know anyone other than me drank those anymore. It's my favorite summertime cocktail. (I prefer mine made with Vodka instead of Gin, aka Vodka Collins)

Cool :)

tx_transplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Greenville, TX
    I've used mine (Vision Grills from Sam's) so far this year (just got it in January) for everything from leg of lamb (slow and low for about 4 hours) to steaks at about 650 degrees, to even baking bread in it. Just takes some practice to get the hang of adjusting the air flow for getting the temps that I want for whatever it is I'm making on it. So far, it's been the best I've ever cooked with.

Top Bottom